Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Quick & Dirty "Girls ONLY" Four Day Spectacular

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds fabulous.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually started writing this last night around 10pm, and promptly fell fast asleep at the computer

Back in the room. We had plans to stay at DHS for EMH, but with only two hours of sleep and a very long travel day, intelligence prevailed and we're now in our pajamas, having pizza in the room and looking forward to an early(ish) evening.

Simply put, I find the new bands really amazing. I was extremely resistant to the idea of planning FP's ahead of time, but having now experienced it in "real time" I am actually quite impressed. We started with lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe, and basically had the rest of our afternoon planned out until 730. We skipped the 120 minute wait at Toy Story Mania in favor of the 15 minute Fast Pass line (which we didn't have to arrive at rope drop and sprint to get). We finished quickly enough that we were able to wait in the standy-by line for The Voyage of the Little Mermaid without one of us having to sprint across the park and secure Fast Passes for RnRC. We breezed passed the 90 minute stand-by RnRC line and barely waited 5 minutes to get in our limo for a ride that now showed "all FP for today have been distributed." After that we had about 30 minutes before our ToT FP became active, so we waited in the 40 minute stand-by line (to enjoy the queue) and then rode again when our FP became active.

What I liked most I think was the feeling of freedom it gave me to enjoy the park without having to worry about what we were going to next. Plus, with it being such a short trip, I feel like we were able to accomplish SO much more in such a short time - we left DHS after about 6.5 hours and didn't feel like we'd missed anything. Clearly they aren't for everyone, and they won't work with some guest's style of touring; but I have truly enjoyed the experience so far. Like I said, I hate bracelets/watches, but the magic bands are lightweight, and fairly unobtrusive. Most of the time I didn't even realize I was wearing it.

Of course, Disney has already started marketing "swag" for your magic bands:
    [ATTACH]15860.vB[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15861.vB[/ATTACH]

Widgets for your bands:
    [ATTACH]15862.vB[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15863.vB[/ATTACH]

All in all, it was quite a lovely day! We managed to dodge much of the rain, and when we didn't - well, we didn't really care!

A few more photos from the day:
    My favorite. (almost EXACTLY the costume I'd had in mind for MNSSHP!)
    [ATTACH]15869.vB[/ATTACH]

Our server at 50's, Uncle Gary - he was awesome!
    [ATTACH]15870.vB[/ATTACH]

Does life GET any better than dessert on a viewmaster? No.
    [ATTACH]15871.vB[/ATTACH]

My daughter and one of HER favorites.
    [ATTACH]15872.vB[/ATTACH]

MANIA!
    [ATTACH]15868.vB[/ATTACH]

Today we're off with the Hodgetts' to Blizzard Beach! We will be lazy and spend most of the day floating and gabbing and generally just enjoying life
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear... is that a PB&J Milk Shake in the same picture with Uncle Gary?

I live for the PB&J milk shakes at Mom's place.

Tom (... back in the 50's tonight.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 318697

You know, I have never had one of these. But, I really like PB&J so am considering trying it for the first time on this upcoming trip. I actually prefer a coffee milkshake.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 318697

Why, yes sir it is!! Good eye!

It was a big hit with the girls!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 318704
    You know, I have never had one of these. But, I really like PB&J so am considering trying it for the first time on this upcoming trip.
    If you like PB&J John, you owe it to yourself to try one at Mom's. The flavor is there without being overwhelming. I'm seriously addicted to the things!

But if you can't wait...

There's always the home grown option!

Tom (... now officially starving for one.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Becca, sounds like you are having a blast! I am glad you like the bands. You just knew that marketing was a strong point of selling the concept.

Hey what special surprise was waiting for you at check in? Didn't a CM promise you something?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can barely catch up with you! What a wonderful trip you are having. The bands sound pretty good. I don't know if I'd want to use them for the way we do the parks, but absolutely for what you are doing now. If we had guests who were on a limited time, they'd be good.

Hope things continue to go well for you.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a fun time!

John, I think you'd really like the PB&J shake. It's quite good

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have just watched a young man propose to his girlfriend here on the beach of the Polynesian. Very sweet, and OMG the ring was LOVELY!

She said yes!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast