Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Quick & Dirty "Girls ONLY" Four Day Spectacular

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 318714
    Becca, sounds like you are having a blast! I am glad you like the bands. You just knew that marketing was a strong point of selling the concept. Hey what special surprise was waiting for you at check in? Didn't a CM promise you something?
    Yes, marketing is a part of everything these days isn't it?

Oh yes! Thanks for the reminder 'skip...I almost forgot that I forgot to mention two things! First, I must say that the Pop Food Court seems to really be stepping up their game here at dinner! Just as a "for instance" we noticed "Shrimp w/ Cheesy Grits" and "Mussels" on the menu last night!

As for the "special surprise". Wow! Did they out do themselves!!! When we got to the room last night, this was waiting for us:

[ATTACH]15874.vB[/ATTACH]

Unsure of what it was at first, the girls eagerly read the card, "Thanks for visiting! We hope you have a GREAT school year!" From Your Disney Pals

THEN I was allowed to open the cellophane. Turns out, they couldn't have selected a better gift! It's a yellow rucksack on top, with a softside cooler on the bottom. It has tons of little pockets all around it, and the cutest Mickey icon stitched on the flap. Inside the cooler bit were two bottles of water, a few snacks, two matching photo albums, two disposable cameras, a photo frame and a magnet.

[ATTACH]15875.vB[/ATTACH]

It was PERFECT for our day at Blizzard Beach today. Towels in the top, waters and snacks in the bottom, with a handy pocket for our phones and whatnot! As close as we live to the beach, I can promise this little gem will get plenty of mileage. The real fun though, was trying to explain to my girls what the disposable cameras were "But how do we see the picture first?" "What do I do with it when it stops clicking?" "How do you upload them to Facebook?" Oh yes. Great fun.

A few more photos from our day:

Our building icon:
    [ATTACH]15876.vB[/ATTACH]

Worms in Dirt - it's what's for breakfast!
    [ATTACH]15877.vB[/ATTACH]

Kona for dinner!
    [ATTACH]15878.vB[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]15879.vB[/ATTACH]
    Seriously, I LOVE their French press coffee....so nice.

Fireworks from the beach at the Poly w/ friends.
    [ATTACH]15880.vB[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15881.vB[/ATTACH]

Truly one of the more perfect days I've spent in Disney. Floating with a dear friend down the lazy river, laughing our heads off like it hadn't been 12 minutes since we'd seen one another much less 12 months. Watching "my girls" have REAL fun. Sweet talking the CM at Kona into seating us together, a WONDERFUL martini (truffle!), watching the lovely couple on the beach get engaged and sharing in their joy....*sigh* oh yes, quite lovely :)

Looking forward to tomorrow - off to Akershus for breakfast w/ the princesses and then more My Magic+ FP's: Soarin', Test Track, and Mission: SPACE :)

Should be a fun day!

OOOH! Magic Band update: not much to report today as we didn't use them much. However, I CAN confirm that they *are* water-resistant!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I want a magic band!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Those scallops look marvelous.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    John, the scallops were very tasty! In fact, everything we had was delicious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meant to say - after Kona last night, we took the monorail back over to MK to catch our bus to Pop. Arrived to find the bus line for Pop still overflowing the queue. Quick look at AoA bus stop showed only 3 people waiting. Made an impulsive decision to jump in that line instead. Five minutes later, a bus arrived, we had a seat, and we had quite a lovely stroll across the bridge to our resort. Not a bad option if the circumstances work out.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a perfect day! And the food looks gorgeous!

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently standing in queue for our Princess Breakfast in Norway where I may have to be physically restrained from replying to the @ss behind me who I just overheard say, "Are you kidding me? We've been waiting nearly ten minutes. I think people without small children should have to wait behind those of us who have kids. Seriously, if you're thirty years old, you don't need to see a princess."

Would I be ejected for throwing my camera at him?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't want to waste the camera on him but if he happened to fall headfirst into a wastebin.... :D

Loving the trip report and photos!!!!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodie, post: 318750
    I want a magic band!!!!
    Yeah forget that I want to go to there with Becca!! She has the juice! The mojo!

What a great time you must be having!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 318798
    Currently standing in queue for our Princess Breakfast in Norway where I may have to be physically restrained from replying to the @ss behind me who I just overheard say, "Are you kidding me? We've been waiting nearly ten minutes. I think people without small children should have to wait behind those of us who have kids. Seriously, if you're thirty years old, you don't need to see a princess."

Would I be ejected for throwing my camera at him?

Maybe you should use the disposable one! Tell the girls that is what they are for!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast