Thread: Easter

Post Thanks / Like
    How are the crowds at Easter? We went once before and we found them ok. Just looking at alternatives to August and there's not many within school holidays. Is it cheaper or more expensive going then than August?

I can't book anything for the Summer holidays that year as I'll have just qualified and be looking for a job. I finish the end of March though so that ties in quite nicely with a holiday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 318519
    How are the crowds at Easter? We went once before and we found them ok. Just looking at alternatives to August and there's not many within school holidays. Is it cheaper or more expensive going then than August?

I can't book anything for the Summer holidays that year as I'll have just qualified and be looking for a job. I finish the end of March though so that ties in quite nicely with a holiday.
    We went a few years back and found it pretty nice! mind you, I'm not sure you could get me to go in August, the heat+humidity+t-storms would just be too much for me.

Easter was fine, less busy than august, less hot and less expensive although I do remember going with a non-virgin atlantic airline because their prices did have something of a hike at that time.

Still yeah, I'd go at Easter time with no worries
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    It can be quite nice, but remember you'll usually run into spring break here. That period encompasses several weeks including the time around Easter. It can be very busy then.

But it's a nice alternative to August. A much better time of year climate wise as long as you recognize that you might not be in the pool as often. Of course, that would depend upon when Easter fell in the year you came over.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard it's always quite busy Julie but it's a nice time to go weather wise.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I had heard its quite busy but we are early park goers then leave around lunch time and return in the evening. I think we could probably get round the crowds like that.

Easter is in early April in 2015 Tink, we would probably think it was quite warm then. Definitely something to think about. Bit nervous about booking anything until I know I have a job. I just wouldn't want to use our buffer without knowing I could replace it quite soon. Being tied to school holidays though leaved it very limited ugh

Post Thanks / Like
    We spent Easter at WDW a few years back. The weather was fantastic, we got to spend a good bit of time in the pool! Crowds were pretty big. In fact we went to a huge church service at the CR. There must have been a few thousand at mass. Took forever to get through sermon and communion. But it was a really amazing experience. There was an Irish priest assigned to a nearby shrine if I remember.

There was cool activities at the PORFQ. There was an Easter Egg hunt and games for the guests. We had a really great meal at Olivia's in OKW on Good Friday as well.

We normally go in the fall but it was very nice in the spring!

Go for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 318603
    We spent Easter at WDW a few years back. The weather was fantastic, we got to spend a good bit of time in the pool! Crowds were pretty big. In fact we went to a huge church service at the CR. There must have been a few thousand at mass. Took forever to get through sermon and communion. But it was a really amazing experience. There was an Irish priest assigned to a nearby shrine if I remember.

There was cool activities at the PORFQ. There was an Easter Egg hunt and games for the guests. We had a really great meal at Olivia's in OKW on Good Friday as well.

We normally go in the fall but it was very nice in the spring!

Go for it.
    Where did they hold that mass at the CR, one of the conference rooms?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, John, it was there and it was huge! The only snag was getting out...there were mabye a few thousand leaving at once and there was some other denomination setting up in there right after our service. But it was really nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 318619
    Yes, John, it was there and it was huge! The only snag was getting out...there were mabye a few thousand leaving at once and there was some other denomination setting up in there right after our service. But it was really nice.
    I'll bet it was madness trying to leave. Many years ago I went to a service at the National Cathedral, where I actually sang with a mixed choir. It was jammed to the gills.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds cool John, bet that was a trip! It was bad enough that we all wanted out after mass but then an equally big group was coming in....