Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wettest ride

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the wettest you got after a ride

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Im always soaked right through on Popeye and Bluto's bilge-rat barges at IoA. No matter how much I cover up, I come off there like a wet dishcloth!

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    The wettest I've ever been was from Splash Mountain. We were on first thing in the morning, and when we went around the corner the high water slopped in over the edge and I was soaked. Not a fun thing slogging around all day in wet to damp clothing (especially the under clothing bit).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Kali River Rapids - especially when I sit next to my DD!

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 319027
    Kali River Rapids - especially when I sit next to my DD!
    I remember getting really soaked

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    I got totally soaked on Splash Mountain one time.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Kali River Rapids. No doubt.

Which puts me in mind of a humorous story from our last trip.

As we boarded the raft, I couldn't help but notice an extremely attractive woman getting on the same raft with us. Now visualize this. A perfectly coiffed blond, fastidious clothes, snow white tailored pants, polished nails, high heels, the whole bit.

Yes, it's true.

Both my DW and I were shocked that she'd even attempt such a thing get up like she was. Must have been a new visitor who's also unable to read given that the signs all say "You will get wet. You may get soaked!" Nonetheless, she boarded our raft and settled in.

Now, if you've ever ridden this (and who hasn't), you know that the raft rotates in the current a bit randomly. You undoubtedly also know that if you're sitting in just the right (wrong) spot, you'll be facing exactly down stream at the moment you cross a rather large fountain shortly after leaving the dock. You can also tell because you can feel the water jet pounding directly under your feet and seat as you pass over it.
    And of course, the moment the raft passes over it, it geyser's up and then, as it comes down, drowns you with a torrent of water in your seat.

Guess where said blond was sitting? Go on. Guess. Yep.

It was perfect. We passed over the geyser and as the water descended on our raft, it was a perfect hit. Like she'd had a target on the top of that perfectly coiffed head. The most apt description of her appearance at that point would be "a drowned rat". Then the battle became trying not to laugh out loud at her. The poor woman looked so surprised and despondent, that all we could do was feel some degree of sympathy for her. Albeit, not much.

What a conflict. Hysterics versus sympathy. After we got off the ride, the hysterics won!

Tom (... Yep. You'll definitely get wet!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 319061
    Kali River Rapids. No doubt.

Which puts me in mind of a humorous story from our last trip.

As we boarded the raft, I couldn't help but notice an extremely attractive woman getting on the same raft with us. Now visualize this. A perfectly coiffed blond, fastidious clothes, snow white tailored pants, polished nails, high heels, the whole bit.

Yes, it's true.

Both my DW and I were shocked that she'd even attempt such a thing get up like she was. Must have been a new visitor who's also unable to read given that the signs all say "You will get wet. You may get soaked!" Nonetheless, she boarded our raft and settled in.

Now, if you've ever ridden this (and who hasn't), you know that the raft rotates in the current a bit randomly. You undoubtedly also know that if you're sitting in just the right (wrong) spot, you'll be facing exactly down stream at the moment you cross a rather large fountain shortly after leaving the dock. You can also tell because you can feel the water jet pounding directly under your feet and seat as you pass over it.
    And of course, the moment the raft passes over it, it geyser's up and then, as it comes down, drowns you with a torrent of water in your seat.

Guess where said blond was sitting? Go on. Guess. Yep.

It was perfect. We passed over the geyser and as the water descended on our raft, it was a perfect hit. Like she'd had a target on the top of that perfectly coiffed head. The most apt description of her appearance at that point would be "a drowned rat". Then the battle became trying not to laugh out loud at her. The poor woman looked so surprised and despondent, that all we could do was feel some degree of sympathy for her. Albeit, not much.

What a conflict. Hysterics versus sympathy. After we got off the ride, the hysterics won!

Tom (... Yep. You'll definitely get wet!)
    I can't even imagine why she went to the parks so elegantly dressed. IMHO she got what she deserved.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much anything I go on at Typhoon Lagoon.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to piggyback on this for a second. I haven't done any water rides at Disney before (I know, I know), but I've worked up the courage to try Splash Mountain this trip, and my DH reeeally wants us all to go on Kali.

I have heard from some sources that if you sit in the back of the boat on Splash Mountain, you get moderately less wet than sitting in the front. Is there any truth to this? Bc I don't mind getting wet, but I'd like to avoid being completely soggy if at all possible.

Doesn't sound like I'll have a choice in the matter if DH drags us on Kali River Rapids!

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast