Thread: Changes to WDW bus transportation

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who's been to MK recently will have noticed a lot of construction going on around the bus depot. We were lucky enough to get a private bus back to POFQ tonight so asked the driver about it.

Apparently MK are getting new buses, to cope with the huge numbers of passengers they get, and to better assist those in wheelchairs and scooters. The buses will be the 'bendy' bus style. We actually saw one the other day, and they're quite a lot smaller than the ones we have in London but they're still pretty big.

If it works well at MK, these buses and new stations (which need to be bigger due to the size of the buses), will be rolled out (hehe, get it?), across the whole of WDW property

Post Thanks / Like
    When you say "bendy" buses, are talking about the ones that look like they have an accordian in the middle? If so, I see more bus accidents on property in Disney's future. Glad they are trying to do something to improve the bus system though.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, those are the ones. They don't actually seem any longer than the usual buses from what I've seen of them though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikki, post: 319099
    They don't actually seem any longer than the usual buses from what I've seen of them though.
    Interesting.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    ooo I saw these in testing I think
    [ATTACH=full]15966[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa. That looks huge in the photo!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You can see into the construction area from the monorail if anyone wants a peek.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wishonastar, post: 319475, member: 417
    ooo I saw these in testing I think
    [ATTACH=full]15966[/ATTACH]
    The ones we saw were much shorter than that.... it makes more sense for them to be bigger though.

Post Thanks / Like
    We saw those busses! Massive!