Time Keeper
    Skyway (Tomorrowland to Fantasyland)
    Misson to Mars
    Horizons
    World of Motion
    The Living Seas - Seabase Alpha
    Astuter Computer Revue -CommuniCore
    Superstar Television
    The Monster Sound Show (with Chevy Chase and Martin Short)
    The Original Back Stage Tour (lasted almost 2 hours and the only way to see NY Street at the time)

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 319123
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    If You Had Wings
    Time Keeper
    Skyway (Tomorrowland to Fantasyland)
    Misson to Mars
    Horizons
    World of Motion
    The Living Seas - Seabase Alpha
    Astuter Computer Revue -CommuniCore
    Superstar Television
    The Monster Sound Show (with Chevy Chase and Martin Short)
    The Original Back Stage Tour (lasted almost 2 hours and the only way to see NY Street at the time)
    I want to add one more to my list......the Adventurers Club!!!

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 319126
    I want to add one more to my list......the Adventurers Club!!!
    which ones do you realy miss

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 319127
    which ones do you realy miss
    Having been a child of the 80's my most memorable trips were October 1983 (12yrs old), June '85 (14), June '87 (16) & June '89 (18). Our trips at that time were 10 nights at the Polynesian Village. We would drive down from Chicago beginning late on a Friday night, arriving in Kissimmee early evening on Saturday. We would stay somewhere near Old Town on highway 192 that night and Sunday night with our Polynesian reservations beginning that Monday night through to the following Thursday.

I remember EPCOT Center the most since this park was so different than anything I had ever been too or that was in existence at that time. I basically grew up with EPCOT Center so these are the attractions I miss the most. I remember spending hours in the CommuniCores building a roller coaster, putting together the American Flag, talking to a little blue robot or moving a Taxi Cab around a screen in city streets. These trips are some of my most cherished memories. I really miss my Dad when I think about these times.

We were there only a month after Disney/MGM studios opened in 1989. I remember waiting in line for The Great Movie ride for 2 hours and The Backstage Tour for 2 1/2 hours. There really wasn't too much there or to do when it first opened. You couldn't walk down NY Street, that was stickily a portion of the Backstage Tour. There was no Sunset BLVD. There was no Star Tours. Superstar Television was a huge attraction at that time and so was The Monster Sound Show. These I miss second most.

Upcoming Vacations:

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the things that DF mentioned I can easily associate with, some I can't. We were there also in 1989 after the then MGM Studios opened. We had booked dinner at the Brown Derby for that evening but had already been through the park twice shortly after lunch time, so we canceled Brown Derby and ate off site I think. I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride the most of any ride but of any attraction I really miss The Adventurer's Club.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 319147
    Some of the things that DF mentioned I can easily associate with, some I can't. We were there also in 1989 after the then MGM Studios opened. We had booked dinner at the Brown Derby for that evening but had already been through the park twice shortly after lunch time, so we canceled Brown Derby and ate off site I think. I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride the most of any ride but of any attraction I really miss The Adventurer's Club.
    Never went to pleasure island when the clubs were open what was the Adventurers club like

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 319151
    Never went to pleasure island when the clubs were open what was the Adventurers club like
    Robert it was an absolute blast. Kungaloosh. They have a page on Facebook that you may want to take a look at. We met Slowhand there.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Of all the things I miss, and there are many, I miss the Great Millennium Walk with the Sage of Time the most. It was so very different, and so global in perspective. I just loved it.

I really miss a lot of the other "things" at EPCOT, most of which DF did a beautiful job describing. I miss the piper in the UK, who also played the pennywhistle. He wore the Nova Scotia tartan. I miss the double decker busses, and the Junkanoo Bus, and Nova Era, and the Living Statues... I miss the food and wine festival when the Disney chefs participated, and the headliner "celebrity chefs" did demonstrations in the WS, and you could taste what they cooked...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 319202
    Of all the things I miss, and there are many, I miss the Great Millennium Walk with the Sage of Time the most. It was so very different, and so global in perspective. I just loved it.

I really miss a lot of the other "things" at EPCOT, most of which DF did a beautiful job describing. I miss the piper in the UK, who also played the pennywhistle. He wore the Nova Scotia tartan. I miss the double decker busses, and the Junkanoo Bus, and Nova Era, and the Living Statues... I miss the food and wine festival when the Disney chefs participated, and the headliner "celebrity chefs" did demonstrations in the WS, and you could taste what they cooked...
    Nova ERA are still at DOWNTOWN DISNEY world

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast