Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how bad are virgin atlantic meals?

Post Thanks / Like
    So what exactly do they serve now? Is there a link to a 'menu'? I do use the word advisedly.

Post Thanks / Like
    There have been lots of little cuts... there wasn't even a bottle of water in the seat back last time we flew. No amenity kit on the way out, that's gone. The pudding pots which I really liked have gone. Quite a lot of tiny things that all added up to bleugh
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a Pancho's in one of the terminals in the Orlando airport. I now that doesn't help much, but if you are lucky enough to be in the same terminal, get one of their (or two!) Cuban sandwiches to go. They are very nice and hold well for the plane. They have some fabulous pastries too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Mags on the flight out we had a hot meal - beef, chicken, or vegetarian that came with a small pot of salad and a bread roll. Then they came round with drinks and a tiny GU lemon pudding. Shortly before landing they gave us a tiny cheese and pickle sandwich. On the flight we had the same hot meal set up and then a breakfast which was a cereal bar and a muffin.

Yep standards have gone down and the meals have got smaller. However, when I was a student I worked part time for an airline catering place at Gatwick and believe me Virgin is much much better than some of the airlines that fly out of there. Could tell some stories...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that Dawn. I'm sure the catering companies have to work within a tight budget and do the best they can within the constraints set. I am OK with not eating the airline food though. It isn't too big a deal for me but for my Aspergers son always gets so worked up about it, so that is why we go with M&S food. Such a pity though that standards have dropped so much.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to our FC miles, we have been able to fly out in UC for our past few trips, and even here I also have noticed a decline in the quality of the meals on offer.
    That said, they make up for it with the copious amount of drinks on offer.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm always prepared for airline meals to be rubbish, i don't tend to eat much on the plane anyway as it makes me feel ill. I wish they'd just give you a nice butty box- sandwich, cake/biscuit thing, piece of fruit yoghurt etc - surely that's got to be cheaper. Or just abandon the whole thing altogether and you bring your own although i know some people would end up bringing a full 3 course meal stinking the place out!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote here for taking sandwiches on board. The last 3 trips we've taken we noticed a definite downgrade in quality of food. And somehow I never expected Virgin to go down to the level where we were asked whether we wanted "beef or fish". That's it, no description of what they were, and the stewards had no idea when asked. At least three times we were told we had no choice at all as they had run out. I quite like having the meals for something to do, but I would always need to take something else on board.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pickle sandwiches?!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 319572, member: 92
    Pickle sandwiches?!
    Not the pickles you are thinking of! Pickle is a brown sauce with chunks in, kind of sweet and tangy, good with cheese. Bet you could get some in a store that sells Brit stuff, it's called Branson pickle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast