Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how bad are virgin atlantic meals?

Post Thanks / Like
    Question for anyone who's been lately using virgin, are the meals as bad as people say or is it just people expecting too much?

We have a couple of fussy eaters and I need to know whether I should expect to have to pack sandwiches

Post Thanks / Like
    They're fine....nothing to write home about, but theyre OK.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think people expect too much from them. They are edible. I usually eat them just because it's something to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never complained about Virgin food until 5 years ago. To be honest, I think it is dreadful. Back in the 90s it was excellent. I couldn't fault it. Then they started cutting corners. Last time I complained when I came home as I was served a 'slop' that was called chicken korma with no chicken in it and a sandwich with just one tiny piece of cheese and a slice of tomato. I'm not even fussy but oh my goodness, I have never seen anything like it. Virgin food sucks as far as I am concerned. We always but food from M&S for our outward journey and this time it will be rolls from EOS on our way back.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Got to agree with Mags on this one although every time I say this at work everyone laughs at me and says I'm being too fussy.

I believe they're being too ambitious for what they can reasonably prepare in the environment :/ I'd love the option of some plain, simple sandwiches but spend the money on a decent filling.

One time we went they announced that they were taking less of each dish on board to save waste and so of course, we were stuck with one option. It was an indian dish, unpronounceable, no one knew what it was really other than "it smells like some kind of curry". Well it was just slop, nothing better.

We've often ended up feeling a little off by the end of the flight and since we started packing sandwiches from M&S on the way, subway on the way back. we feel 100% better at the end.

I complained/commented to virgin and was told that the high quality of Virgin meals was a major advantage that kept people coming back :/

Again, I do feel like the odd one out here as everyone at work says the meals are brilliant compared to what they used to be on airlines but I don't feel it personally.

I'd love virgin to partner with subway
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 319439, member: 3
    high quality of Virgin meals
    While I don't fly Virgin, I have flown other airlines and that's a new definition of the term "high quality" with which I am not familiar.

Tom ( ... airlines and meals are oxymorons)

Post Thanks / Like
    I do admit Virgin TRY hard. The presentation is probably as good as you could expect an airline to achieve, perhaps better. They've stopped doing things like nice little chocolate puddings and so on though :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We flew Air Canada this time, and although Virgin meals are OK, I found Air Canada to be excellent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 319444, member: 3
    I do admit Virgin TRY hard. The presentation is probably as good as you could expect an airline to achieve, perhaps better. They've stopped doing things like nice little chocolate puddings and so on though :/
    So the puddings have gone too? Gee, there won't be much left that is worth eating.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Those puddings were the best bit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast