Thread: Themed christmas parties?

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone held one or been to one? you know where there's a theme to the whole thing and perhaps even costumes?

Or does it just make the thing a pain?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a Christmas themed party one time. It was a Renaissance theme, and folks could come in costume or not as they pleased.

The food was in the manner of, if not historically correct, and the decorations were all of that era, as was the music.

The drinks were again, in the manner of...

It was great fun!

I did the invitations in calligraphy, written with language indicative of that century.

I had it at my house and ended up with two separate days for the party because I had such an overwhelming response to it!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a Victorian themed New years Eve dinner party for 12 at our house a few years ago. As our house was built in 1853 it made sense to have a themed "do".
    Electricity was banned in the house [apart from switching on the tv at midnight to check that THE hour had arrived via Big Ben], and everyone came in period costume.
    We ate traditional Victorian fayre [including a suckling pig which was really good], and we made our own entertainment with each couple doing their own party piece at various times throughout the evening.
    A great time was definitely had by all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 36618
    we made our own entertainment with each couple doing their own party piece at various times throughout the evening.
    I'm so shy that even reading that made me shiver it sounds like a wonderful evening!

We had a medieval christmas party at charnock richard near Preston, Lancs once. I guess it did add a certain something to the same old faces telling the same old tales
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 36622
    I'm so shy that even reading that made me shiver it sounds like a wonderful evening!
    You`d have been fine Keith, it was quite tame really.
    I composed a humorous [well I thought it was humorous anyhow! :p015:] poem about Victorian times, and others brought along a party game for us to enjoy along with a few conjuring tricks etc.
    By the end of the evening we had all consumed so much of the falling down water that there was no danger of feeling embarrassed anyhow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 36676
    By the end of the evening we had all consumed so much of the falling down water that there was no danger of feeling embarrassed anyhow!
    :rofl:
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    we did a new years eve murder mystery a few years ago and then i rang everyone lol- some here may remember lol