Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jiko? worth the money

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive booked jiko but now worried cos it seems really posh and expensive

has anyone been there?

Post Thanks / Like
    We do enjoy dinner at Jiko`s.
    However like most of the WDW restaurants nowadays, the prices are getting to be ridiculous compared with eating off site.
    Don`t worry about the "posh" issue too much as it`s not stuffy at all. Smart casual attire will be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    JIKO is our favorite restaurant at WDW, next to V&A. They have a great wine list and we really enjoy the food. There was one time when my DW wasn't feeling too good and she ordered a vegetarian dish called Bunny Chow. She nicknamed it Awful Falafel. Needless to say she hasn't ordered that again.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    argh our worst restaurant onsite I know people may laugh but there's an African flavour (well yeah) to everything and its *very* expensive in our opinion for what you get

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I had some experience to share with you, but honestly I've never even been over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. I keep hearing really fantastic things about both Jiko and Boma though, from other travelers, websites, books, etc. So it can't be too bad, right?

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been to Jiko a couple of times. We actually enjoy the apps and desserts better than the entrees. Boma is wonderful and you get to try so many different things.

I do agree with Slowhand, all the food at WDW is very expensive for what you get.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jiko was wonderful when Annette Grecci Gray was the chef. That was several years back. It's fallen off steadily since she left. The advent of the DDP didn't help. Our last meal there was terrible. Poorly cooked, lousy atmosphere, and poor service. We won't be going back for some time, or until we have it on good authority that they've returned to some level of their former excellence.

For the money, and for the food, go to Boma instead. You'll have the wide variety, and decent service and the very good wine. It's not inexpensive either, but you won't feel as though you've been lead down the garden path.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 319722, member: 43
    Jiko was wonderful when Annette Grecci Gray was the chef. That was several years back. It's fallen off steadily since she left. The advent of the DDP didn't help. Our last meal there was terrible. Poorly cooked, lousy atmosphere, and poor service. We won't be going back for some time, or until we have it on good authority that they've returned to some level of their former excellence.

For the money, and for the food, go to Boma instead. You'll have the wide variety, and decent service and the very good wine. It's not inexpensive either, but you won't feel as though you've been lead down the garden path.
    Tink, I will agree with you that it hasn't been the same since Chef Annette left. However, except for the Bunny Chow, we've never had a bad meal there.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    we've been once, a few years ago before the riddiculous prices. It was nice but i prefer the food at Boma personally

Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed at AKL last trip and noticed that while Boma was totally slammed (as usual) there seemed to be no waiting for Jiko...hmmmm no wonder!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast