Thread: Where to watch illuminations?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this gets asked a lot but we really want to have a nice EPCOT meal and then watch the illuminations, the last time we tried this we got trees in the way and wind blew the smoke so we couldn't see anything!

So wheres the best place to eat and then watch

fank ooo

Post Thanks / Like
    My DW and I enjoy having dinner at the upstairs restaurant in France...I can never remember its name after the recent refurb.
    If you get a window seat you get a reasonable view of Illuminations, however when we were last there, they let you out to watch the show and then return in order to finish your meal.
    Yep, the smoke issue is sometimes a problem unless you are upwind of the display.

Post Thanks / Like
    The new restaurant is Monsieur Paul. I don't know whether they will still suspend your meal to watch Illuminations or not. Lots of folks like to try and get a lakeside view at either Rose & Crown or the new outdoor restaurant in Mexico.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We like the bit by Italy which always gives us a good view

Post Thanks / Like
    The best place to watch Illuminations is upwind. Therefore, it changes with the wind. Mexico, France, UK, and sometimes (in certain areas) Japan have dining ares that if you are seated in the correct area, you will be able to see the show.

Otherwise, have your dinner and then find a good place upwind from the show and enjoy!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle