Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Day 1 - Downtown Disney and lots of food

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 319769, member: 151
    I'm almost afraid to ask but what is the difference in the iced coffee grandma got at Ghirardelli's and the one she gets in Spain?
    I was wondering the same thing!!

Love this report so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    The iced coffee she got at Ghiradelli's was black coffee on ice - iced coffee right?

Apparently in Spain it's more like the iced mocha - with the whipped cream on top. If she'd read the menu it would have explained it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aha I see the problem. I get iced coffee pretty frequently. However mine is usually with caramel flavoring as well. That's probably what grandma thought it would be. It's sweet and cold and a lovely brown color.

Post Thanks / Like
    And my iced coffee never has whipped cream on top. Frappacinos have whipped creme. Usually

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 319782, member: 32
    The iced coffee she got at Ghiradelli's was black coffee on ice - iced coffee right?

Apparently in Spain it's more like the iced mocha - with the whipped cream on top. If she'd read the menu it would have explained it.
    Ah, the Ghirardelli iced coffee is more like what we call iced coffee in New England. When I was younger I used to drink iced coffee with cream and sugar. In the many years since I switched to drinking only black coffee hot I haven't had an iced coffee like this. My mother drank it right up until she passed. I figured it was a New England thing.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 319796, member: 151
    Ah, the Ghirardelli iced coffee is more like what we call iced coffee in New England. When I was younger I used to drink iced coffee with cream and sugar. In the many years since I switched to drinking only black coffee hot I haven't had an iced coffee like this. My mother drank it right up until she passed. I figured it was a New England thing.
    I was thinking the same thing, John...sounds like what I get at Dunkin...my favorite during the summer, though I do add a splash of cream and splenda.

Post Thanks / Like
    It did say on the menu exactly what you would get for each item.

She did this several times. Ordered something clearly described on a menu and then complained it wasn't what she was expecting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did she not read the menu, perhaps? Some people order by what they think it's going to be. I know I've done that a time or two myself.

I like coffee over ice and yes, I put a touch of cream in it. Usually don't go with sweetener. I've had to add a touch of cream to my usual black (hot) over the past few months. The stomach was protesting. Ahhhhh, aging. It's a marvelous adventure.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 319908, member: 43
    Did she not read the menu, perhaps? Some people order by what they think it's going to be. I know I've done that a time or two myself.

I like coffee over ice and yes, I put a touch of cream in it. Usually don't go with sweetener. I've had to add a touch of cream to my usual black (hot) over the past few months. The stomach was protesting. Ahhhhh, aging. It's a marvelous adventure.
    I don't know that I could ever go w/out cream, and seriously? if my Jon tries to switch me to 2% milk ever again because "youwon'tnoticethedifferenceanyway" I will most assuredly throttle the boy. I am, however, trying to cut back on the artificial sweetener as I do realize it's not an incredibly healthy option. I've gone from needing 3 in my coffee to only using 1...

Post Thanks / Like
    And I do mean cream, thank you. Nothing else will work, which is why I usually don't drink coffee that I've not prepared myself.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast