Thread: Girl falls off balcony at Animal Kingdom villa

Post Thanks / Like
    A 6-year-old girl vacationing with her family in Central Florida fell from a third-story balcony at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas during the holiday weekend, Orange County authorities said Tuesday.
    The New York girl, whose identity was not released, fell about 6:54 p.m. Monday from her family's room at the "Jambo House," said Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Ginette Rodriguez.
    Photographs taken by a nearby witness, and provided to the Orlando Sentinel, depict giraffes and other animals nearby as paramedics aided the girl on the ground outside the resort.
    The girl's father told a security officer he was in the shower when he heard his wife scream. The man said he left the room, made his way down the stairwell and jumped over a wall to get to his daughter, a Sheriff's Office report said.
    Disney employees who were first on-scene said the girl was responsive and had a cut above her left eye, the report said.
    Authorities said the fall appears to be accidental and the family is cooperating.
    Disney describes the resort as a place where guests can experience their own "African safari adventure." The hotel's horseshoe-curved design provides views of four savannas, where more than 200 animals and birds roam freely.
    The girl fell in an area where the animals do not have access.
    Rodriguez said the child was airlifted to Orlando Regional Medical Center and was later treated at Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children. The girl is thought to be in stable condition.
    On Tuesday, Disney spokeswoman Kathleen Prihoda said, "Our primary concern is for the child's health and recovery. A Disney representative is with the family providing support."

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#se.../p2p-77260241/

Post Thanks / Like
    The nightly local news reported that the mother was reaching for the child when she fell, but couldn't get to her in time to catch her. The child was leaning over the balcony apparently trying to reach something. Let's hope all ends well and the child is fine. Must have been terrifying for the parents, never mind the poor child.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    This sent shivers through my body

I hope she makes a full recovery

Post Thanks / Like
    How scary is this! I hope she is ok.

We just stayed there last week

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Stuff that parent's nightmares are made of....hope she gets well soon.