Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of hire car?

The last time we were there we just got a compact but never again LOL this time we fancy an SUV but its hard to tell which category to go for because it doesn't say what a luxury has over say a standard?

I have hot a full size this time. Last time we got an intermediate and luckilyDM had taken our luggage because there us no way it would have got in there. We have done a convertible before too and loved it (although I was a little disappointed with how basic it was) but that is just really impractical with the 4 of us

I wonder this too :/ there seems to be so many types of SUV but I have no real idea what size they all are

I got upgraded for free to a full size SUV this time. It is HUGE 7 seater but much more room than 7 seaters at home. DVD player for the kids it's gorgeous. Ella wants to take it home with us lol

We had a traverse as well Trish, we were upgraded from the full size SUV as well. It is a gorgeous vehicle but ours had a fault so it had to go back. They upgraded us again then and we are in this huge Toyota 4 Runner. Ill post a photo later.

We feel safer in a SUV there are different groups though so you have to e careful.

If we book a jeep grand Cherokee from dollar, what other ones might we be stuck with ? I hate choosing one only to have to pick up a different type because theres none left

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 320261, member: 11
    If we book a jeep grand Cherokee from dollar, what other ones might we be stuck with ? I hate choosing one only to have to pick up a different type because theres none left
    That's the category we booked and got upgraded to a GMC Acadia which was fab and we wanted to take it home. I think the ford explorer is in that class with dollar. Not sure about others but the jeep has lots of space for people and luggage. We had one on a road trip once

Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 320262, member: 39
    That's the category we booked and got upgraded to a GMC Acadia which was fab and we wanted to take it home. I think the ford explorer is in that class with dollar. Not sure about others but the jeep has lots of space for people and luggage. We had one on a road trip once
    We normally just get a full size car but I must admit I'm quite tempted by the standard SUV for a change

Does anyone ever bother with the platinum insurance for windscreens and tyres etc?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

I think you'd like it Keith, give it a try. I think they changed the gold/platinum since we last went. We always used to get the gold but I don't know now. Those tyres and windscreens are expensive!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast