Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of hire car?

Post Thanks / Like
    The last time we were there we just got a compact but never again LOL this time we fancy an SUV but its hard to tell which category to go for because it doesn't say what a luxury has over say a standard?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have hot a full size this time. Last time we got an intermediate and luckilyDM had taken our luggage because there us no way it would have got in there. We have done a convertible before too and loved it (although I was a little disappointed with how basic it was) but that is just really impractical with the 4 of us

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder this too :/ there seems to be so many types of SUV but I have no real idea what size they all are

Post Thanks / Like
    I got upgraded for free to a full size SUV this time. It is HUGE 7 seater but much more room than 7 seaters at home. DVD player for the kids it's gorgeous. Ella wants to take it home with us lol

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a traverse as well Trish, we were upgraded from the full size SUV as well. It is a gorgeous vehicle but ours had a fault so it had to go back. They upgraded us again then and we are in this huge Toyota 4 Runner. Ill post a photo later.

We feel safer in a SUV there are different groups though so you have to e careful.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    If we book a jeep grand Cherokee from dollar, what other ones might we be stuck with ? I hate choosing one only to have to pick up a different type because theres none left

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 320261, member: 11
    If we book a jeep grand Cherokee from dollar, what other ones might we be stuck with ? I hate choosing one only to have to pick up a different type because theres none left
    That's the category we booked and got upgraded to a GMC Acadia which was fab and we wanted to take it home. I think the ford explorer is in that class with dollar. Not sure about others but the jeep has lots of space for people and luggage. We had one on a road trip once

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 320262, member: 39
    That's the category we booked and got upgraded to a GMC Acadia which was fab and we wanted to take it home. I think the ford explorer is in that class with dollar. Not sure about others but the jeep has lots of space for people and luggage. We had one on a road trip once
    We normally just get a full size car but I must admit I'm quite tempted by the standard SUV for a change

Does anyone ever bother with the platinum insurance for windscreens and tyres etc?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you'd like it Keith, give it a try. I think they changed the gold/platinum since we last went. We always used to get the gold but I don't know now. Those tyres and windscreens are expensive!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast