Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: to stay on disney or in villa?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep its time for that again

we've always stayed onsite and enjoyed the buses but friends back from a villa said what a wonderful time they'd had and with Disney prices going up it seems like it may be better

what are the pros and cons?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in both camps here as we own a villa "over there" but we also love spending time at our favourite resort [the GF] whenever we go....thanks to our DVC points.
    To me the best part about staying in the villa is that we can dine a darn sight cheaper off site and the food quality is equally as good.
    You also are obviously under no pressure to vacate your room for the cleaners , and it`s great to just relax for a while away from the hustle and bustle of WDW.
    On the other hand, there`s nothing like being in the heart of the "Magic" for a few days.
    We tend to spend 4/5 days at the GF on most trips so that we can do all of the Disney "stuff" and the remainder of the time is spent either at the villa or seeing more of Florida.

Post Thanks / Like
    As much fun as it is to stay onsite (and we are DVC members, so that's what we do) I can only imagine it's much more cost effective to stay in a villa with plenty of room, and a pool, and more than one bathroom. Especially if there is a number of people going with you.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a villa convert - love the space and freedom and the economics of doing this.

I do get a bit of jealousy though when I see those Disney buses and hanker for a few days in the heart of it all. Maybe a split stay is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer to stay off site. The accommodations are larger, more bathrooms and usually cheaper. Then I get Disney jealousy and stay onsite. We hardly ever take advantage of EMH so it's just a waste for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    when I am on vacation i dont like to cook, or do laundry, so i usually stay onsite, usually at a value resort. i like the food courts decent and not to expensive food, and take time to eat in the parks (so i can sit and chill ou t for a while). i guess it depends on the person and your schedule.. i like to be at the parks for the early morning hours..not as crowded. then leave for the afternoon to cool of and relax then go back in the evening. good luck deciding
    SusanM o A REAL MOUSE JUNKIE

Aug 1994 - off site
    Caribbean Beach - 8/95
    All Star Music - 4/19- 12/97 -9/98 - 4/99 - 2/00 - 2/03 4/04 - 7/12
    All Star Sports - 12/96 - 12/97 - 9/00
    Downtown Disney Resort Travelodge - 4/97
    Coronado Springs - 6/98
    All Star Movies - 9/99 - 11/99 - 7/01 - 10/01- 11/02
    Pop Century - 10/01 -- 06/04--05/05 - 8/11
    Port Orleans Riverside - 7/02
    All Star Sports - 10/03-- 11/06

Post Thanks / Like
    Love doing both but the Villa will win out now for me because of the freedom of eating when I want and what I want plus the pool..... I do love a quiet private pool.

But gotta love those Disney buses. One day we'll do a split stay. If someone had only done villa and not stayed on site I would recommend to stay on site at least once.

Post Thanks / Like
    the million dollar question

I like being immersed in the disney hotels but i also like my freedom in a villa. I really can't decide really! DH prefers a villa though as he likes his space and is not as keen as me on WDW.

Post Thanks / Like
    We ALWAYS stayed onsite, have done nearly all the hotels, and never thought we'd change until we tried a villa. Since then we've completely changed our minds and now can't wait to stay back at the villa! it really feels like "coming home" and though we do some short split stays onsite, to be honest, we find ourselves wanting to be back at the villa.

It was hard to imagine that we used to spend three weeks in a tiny hotel room once we'd experienced the villa!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 328966, member: 3
    We ALWAYS stayed onsite, have done nearly all the hotels, and never thought we'd change until we tried a villa. Since then we've completely changed our minds and now can't wait to stay back at the villa! it really feels like "coming home" and though we do some short split stays onsite, to be honest, we find ourselves wanting to be back at the villa.

It was hard to imagine that we used to spend three weeks in a tiny hotel room once we'd experienced the villa!
    I`ve gotta agree with you on that one Keith.
    Having said that we usually HAVE to spend a few days at the GF which is also like home from home to us, although now I guess our DVC points will have to fund the accommodation in the new DVC building.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast