Thread: I think my office is cursed

Post Thanks / Like
    I swear I do.

I told ya'll about the other people:
    my co-workers husband has been diagnosed with ALS
    my boss' carotid artery was 90% blocked and he had to have surgery
    our lead counselor had a hip replacement

Now, another co-worker's step sister got West Nile Virus and now also has Gillian Barre syndrome.

Plus, my uncle had a major stroke last week. Though he does seem to be improving a great deal. Thank God.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Guillain-Barré is nasty nasty, although if caught early enough the patient can recover well with lots of therapy and time.

Post Thanks / Like
    They say her prognosis is good but it's really rough right now. Wear BUG SPRAY!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanx for the tip Johnie ... Jim and I want to watch Wishes from the Poly the evening we stay there and bug spray may be needed along the beach .
    for your office

Post Thanks / Like
    Insect repellent is ALWAYS needed at WDW! Those mosquitos carry west nile and equine encephalitis.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 36947
    Insect repellent is ALWAYS needed at WDW! Those mosquitos carry west nile and equine encephalitis.
    I've never used insect repellent on any visit! Should I be? None of us have ever been bitten by any mosquito, midge, etc.

Hope everything improves very quickly for you Johnie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people don't get bit, but it really is much safer to use it. The tiny gnats can't be seen and they can really make you miserable if they decide to dine on you. The don't carry disease though as far as I know.

I'm glad that you've never been bothered! (Some folks have had such a strong reaction they've ended up needing medical care). :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle