Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you save money for Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    With flight prices going up so much we're going to find it hard to go next year :( how do you all save up for Disney? any tips?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was bought a big jug for Christmas with Florida Fund painted on to it and I collect 1 and 2 coins. Trouble is I've grown to love this jug and really don't want to smash it to get the money out but there will be about 500 in it so that will be a lot of money to miss out on

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    All of our loose change goes into a jar. When the jar gets full I roll the coins. After about 2 cycles I have enough to take it to the bank and put it in our savings account. Donna also saves $1.00 bills.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    we've just started saving for our disney trip next year brought thoese tins u can't open :mad:.we also booked up with oceans florida & saved loads they got us 21 days for a great price:)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well funny you should ask that as I was wondering the same thing! I have one part time wage coming in and 2 demanding teenagers so saving is not that easy for me, but I was just sitting here wondering if there's any way I could get the three of us there next August...in reality it's probably not going to be possible, but it's worth thinking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those pot of dream jars are fab. We had one we were putting coins in and one with notes. It meant we aren't able to "borrow" any money from our holiday funds :)

Post Thanks / Like
    We buy EVERYTHING with our Disney Visa card. We pay it off each month and get 1% towards our next trip. We have about $800 saved just from buying gas, groceries, home improvement. It adds up quick!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a mason jar for change and next to that a jar with the gang on it that I found at a yard sale. In the gang jar goes our money from the 52 week challenge, try it out: http://www.savingadvice.com/articles...challenge.html

December 23, 2012: First Visit. Day Trip to Magic Kingdom
    September 14-21, 2014: Honeymoon. Art of Animation, Little Mermaid Room
    Me[Daniel] DW to be [Katie]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDanielOwens, post: 321111, member: 4930
    We have a mason jar for change and next to that a jar with the gang on it that I found at a yard sale. In the gang jar goes our money from the 52 week challenge, try it out: http://www.savingadvice.com/articles...challenge.html
    Now that is a brilliant idea - will try that when I next save up :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the US and flights aren't terribly pricy to Orlando so I'm lucky in that respect.

I buy an annual pass every year with my tax refund money.

I have a change jar. I work as a TA and that's fun money. I have money directly deposited into a savings account that is not easy to access so I'm not tempted to take money out.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast