Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just supposing I was able to save

Post Thanks / Like
    Staying onsite is really nice, as long as all you want to do is Disney. If you want to do anything off property, then you truly do need a car. There are public buses, but to use them efficiently, you need to have a schedule and a route map. Taxis are always available,but you have to be truly on your toes. They'll rip you off at the drop of a hat.

To rent a car you have to be 25 years old. There used to be an exception to that but it was hideously expensive. I don't think they do it anymore.

So! Hope that helps a bit!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We have never rented a car and managed when we stayed on and offsite.
    We used to stay on Idrive and use hotel shuttles and the Idrive trolley.
    Then we switched to onsite and split our stay between RPR and Disney so we did the offsite stuff during our RPR stay.
    This year we just did Disney but went offsite shopping for the day and used Lynx and Iride.
    It did take a long time but we had allowed or that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input everyone, you're all very helpful (as I knew you would be!).

My next question us:

I've always, always booked my holidays the DIY way and am a bit scared of going down the alternative route though it would be nice not to have to do all the research! I know I can contact our lovely agents who use this forum (don't know if I can advertise your names?) but how do those of you who choose other agents decide who to use?

I have contacted one for a quote for next Christmas, it feels odd to me as I've never done it that way before!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is only me I'm speaking for and I absolutely lovely doing everything myself. I get excited doing all the research and check thoroughly for 180 days to book ADR's that I really want to go to. When I get all the receipts and everything it just seems to make it even better. This year I'm booking everything for 6 of us and yes it is taking a bit of planning with planes from Scotland, booking hotel at Gatwick, booking flights (already done) and booking hotel (already done). Only a couple more weeks and I can start my ADR's and I do get my DD to double check that I have done everything right 'cos I'm a bit scared of booking tickets and getting the names wrong but it's still great fun. We don't have a car while we're there 'cos we spend 90% of our time at WDW but if we do want to go to Universal (which I'm not too keen on), we just get a cab. Haven't tried a bus to Universal yet but might look it up and see if we can do it instead of paying through the nose for a cab.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    See, I am just so tired of being the "organiser" for everything, day to day life, work....years and years off it have just got me thinking that I would love to have someone else do it for me, though I'd most likely take over and do it myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to DIY, but now I always let our Johnie do it! She really knows her stuff and always ends up saving us money :)

(I really wish my iPad would let me use more of my smileys)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 320717, member: 44
    I used to DIY, but now I always let our Johnie do it! She really knows her stuff and always ends up saving us money :)

(I really wish my iPad would let me use more of my smileys)
    Thank you! I love to help plan

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12