Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 TS Credits remaining...help me narrow down the short list!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cape May doesn't have fried seafood. They have steamed mussels, clams, crab legs, shrimp, etc. The childrens section will sometimes have fried shrimp, or fried fish, but that's it. Adults can have some from there of course, but it's not a huge thing.

Cape May for breakfast is FABULOUS!!!

But we've long loved Cape May. I guess we just get lucky with hot, fresh seafood and lovely breakfasts.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 320676, member: 43
    Cape May doesn't have fried seafood. They have steamed mussels, clams, crab legs, shrimp, etc. The childrens section will sometimes have fried shrimp, or fried fish, but that's it. Adults can have some from there of course, but it's not a huge thing.

But we've long loved Cape May. I guess we just get lucky with hot, fresh seafood and lovely breakfasts.
    We've done breakfast there several times now (upon your recommendation) and LOVED it. And to be honest, your endorsement is what has kept me looking back at it...so I'm glad to hear there's not much "fried" on the menu - when I looked at the menu online originally it seemed there was...looking back at it now, notsomuch...perhaps I was just in a "mood" at the time

Tink, does this seem pretty accurate to you as far as seafood goes?

Steamed Mussels with a side of Tomato Sambuca Broth
    Paella
    Snow Crab Legs
    Steamed Clams
    Herb-marinated Salmon
    Batter-fried Shrimp
    Fried Clam Strips
    Batter-fried Calamari

I think I would enjoy that menu, and Jon is positively watering at the mouth!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 320636, member: 1147
    It's been a little while since we've done it (1999) but have been wanting to go back. My wife really enjoys it as it is her favorite (mine is Hoop Dee Doo) but I like the luau as well. Try to get seating in Category 1 or 2. The food is typical South Seas luau fare served family style and is all you care to eat. Pulled pork, BBQ ribs, roasted chicken, Polynesian rice, salad, veggies and pinapple-coconut bread. There is also a dessert but I don't remember what it is. The food really hasn't changed much over the years.

The show itself is a lot of fun and they get the audience and the kids involved as well. If you have kids with you definitely do the early seating. If it's an adults only night have the later dinner.
    Thanks for the information, DF! It sounds like a lot of fun!!! SOOOO much to ponder!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm I don't recall seeing calamari there

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a very different menu, Becca. I'd call the ADR line and ask them about it before I made a reservation.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We Didnt see all that a couple of weeks ago either

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a screen shot from the dining app which we found pretty accurate with more options including the crab claws[ATTACH=full]16013[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone!! Decisions, decisions!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We quite enjoyed Cape May...we've been twice. Jordan is a huge fan of the Oreo bon-bons.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 320676, member: 43

Completely agree!

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast