Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bit of a moan

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this one won't necessarily be a popular rant but Im standing watching something, maybe filming it, and then the family in front decide to hoist all their kids onto their shoulders. No one behind for several rows can see and of course then the people behind do the same trick and soon it's really hard to get anywhere to actually see a reasonably unobstructed view.

Whilst I'm on about kids, what's with taking very young kids to expensive restaurants and letting them scream and cry :/ Dont understand how anyone thinks that's acceptable. I promise I won't moan about kids screaming and running around at a chef mickeys breakfast, after all, that's what it's there for, but in return I'd really rather the evening hours be scream-cry-free :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    As I've gotten older I've developed mobility issues. I can't remain standing too long and trying to watch the fireworks is difficult. However, I'm rarely able to seek out a good sitting spot and I'll try to stand. Last time I thought I was going to fall over and a goodly number of folks offered to help, though not with seats. I probably could have been assisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 320959, member: 3
    I know this one won't necessarily be a popular rant but Im standing watching something, maybe filming it, and then the family in front decide to hoist all their kids onto their shoulders. No one behind for several rows can see and of course then the people behind do the same trick and soon it's really hard to get anywhere to actually see a reasonably unobstructed view.

Whilst I'm on about kids, what's with taking very young kids to expensive restaurants and letting them scream and cry :/ Dont understand how anyone thinks that's acceptable. I promise I won't moan about kids screaming and running around at a chef mickeys breakfast, after all, that's what it's there for, but in return I'd really rather the evening hours be scream-cry-free :/
    Keith I have to agree with you 100% here. I know they lift their little ones on their shoulders because they have trouble seeing to, but they have no consideration for the folks behind them.

Also, I don't even understand the mentality of taking small children to the more expensive restaurants. I don't care how good Jane and Johnny are at eating, if they are being obnoxious and carrying on then the parents can't possibly be enjoying their meal as I know I sure as heck am not.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 320961, member: 151
    Also, I don't even understand the mentality of taking small children to the more expensive restaurants. I don't care how good Jane and Johnny are at eating, if they are being obnoxious and carrying on then the parents can't possibly be enjoying their meal as I know I sure as heck am not.
    It's the way the parents seem to just carry on and ignore the screaming/misbehaving kids that especially gets me :/ A few years ago someone challenged a couple + friends at California grill. They had 4 young kids, 2 were curled up on the seats crying/screaming/moaning and the other 2 were running around other tables and to the windows etc. An older lady was practically knocked off her feet by a server who was trying to avoid bumping into one of the kids as he carried hot food. Her husband went up to the father and very said excuse me but your children are causing accidents and we'd hate them to get hurt themselves. The abuse he got back in return :/ the server, thinking about tips no doubt, later tried to calm down the family and I heard the mother say "we need a holiday too, so we're going to let them run around and do what they want, we're on holiday!!!!"

It's completely inconsiderate
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That happens everywhere though doesn't it. Never ever had a problem with my 2 and they are horrified when others misbehave. Either they've not been taught to behave or they've been in the parks too long and should be in bed.
    Not sure I agree with running around at a character meal either... Jumping up and down and getting excited is one thing but manners should still be there. I think I may be a miserable old git lol

Post Thanks / Like
    With Zac we have taken him to restaurants ever since he could sit in a high chair and I often take him to the local toby carvery for a midweek roast. Last time I was there there was a couple who were really surprised how well behaved he was.
    Now I'm not saying he is always like that but stick a bowl of food in front of him and nine times out of ten he'll be happy. If all else fails I'm afraid to say we are those parents who let him watch something on the ipad or iPhone :(.
    I just think there are really inconsiderate people around who don't care on what environment they are in and who they bother. They just live in their own little bubbles. Sometimes it's a good trait to have but sometimes its just not.
    Also if kids are screaming blue murder there is usually a reason behind it. If Zac does that (which is likely with his toddler tantrums) I think I'd take him outside or somewhere to have his moment away from the table. After a few minutes he'll calm down and we can carry on. Whether this will work or not is another thing lol

Post Thanks / Like
    We too were inundated, abused, shoved, pushed, ignored, and irritated during our DCL Eastern Caribbean cruise last week. People shoving, pushing, and just generally being totally inconsiderate of anyone else. Kids running uncontrolled and unsupervised in the restaurants during meals while the totally oblivious parents conducted deep conversations with their friends and completely ignored their offspring. During the evening shows, there was so much talking (in foreign languages) going on that it made it difficult to hear the songs or the performers.

We were totally disgusted at best and furious at worst.

Finally, someone at our dinner table (speaking English in a normal tone of voice) informed us that it was spring break time in the Southern hemisphere.

I suppose that explains that.

I will never, ever again take a cruise on Disney or any other cruise line, nor will I schedule a vacation to Disney World at this time of year!

Tom ( ... unhappy camper.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12