Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit of a moan

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok need to get this off my chest. I have come across so many rude children and their families today. I know people complain about groups of teenagers from certain parts of the world...well it seems to have rubbed off in their siblings and parents.
    A little girl had dropped something, abi picked it up and went running after her to give it back. The little girl snatched it out of her hand and her parents gave abi a dirty look. Then they were queuing for a picture inside Bruce's mouth and a group of children pushed them out of the way with their father watching then proceeded to pose for roughly 10 pictures.
    I am so happy that my children seem to be taking the lessons of manners that we teach them to heart it just frustrates me that other family's seem to forget them as soon as they go on vacation

Post Thanks / Like
    All good examples that serve to show your well behaved children how important it is to be courteous.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly lack of consideration and outright rudeness seems to be at epidemic proportions :( Nowadays I'm genuinely surprised when I encounter someone polite and that goes for adults as well as kids. I'm much more used to being jostled, glared at, pushed etc.

It really annoys me when I see an obviously well brought up family of kids stuck together at the back of a queue in a shop or ride whilst the rowdy kids push and shove their way to the front, usually followed by their parents.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was just me that thought it was worse this year. The family groups are so large as well. It doesn't matter where you go they are the same. We've been shopping and they are just as bad.

So many times I've had to stop or be knocked into, then I get looked up and down and some verbal comment comes out that I can't understand. It makes me feel very self conscious.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh I hate bad manners! Jamie and Matthew were the boys stuck in the queue while others pushed in front, and I'd have to intervene at times so they got their turn on whatever they were lining up for, even with the other parents watching. It's just so rude. Of course there's no way they'd allow that now their older!

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was me just getting older and less tolerant! I think there tends to be a an entitlement culture with some. My biggest bug bare is when I've stood waiting for a parade for 45 mins then someone who rocks up 5 mins before thinks they can just put their whole family in front of me. I don't mind the odd little one but come on people!

Post Thanks / Like
    So many people there have this ME FIRST attitude and it does get very annoying. If they want good viewing for their kids then get there early enough to stake out their spots.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    This happened alot for us too! Also a lot of families had domestics in front of everyone which was slightly uncomfortable!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 320862, member: 39
    My biggest bug bare is when I've stood waiting for a parade for 45 mins then someone who rocks up 5 mins before thinks they can just put their whole family in front of me. I don't mind the odd little one but come on people!
    I saw that so many times this trip. Or they stand in a place that cannot be stood in and then look daggers at the Cast Member that politely asks them to move.

Also on this trip I've never seen so many families arguing with each other. So much "I've spent all this money so you will have fun" attitude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmm Caitlin and I saw that in December too, I guess I was lucky with my two, they would tend to sleep in their pushchairs if tired and we'd adapt accordingly. If they were upset we'd taken them back to the villa/ hotel room. It's too much for them sometimes.

The other thing that really annoys me is people that don't move over when they sit down in theatres etc grrr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast