Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What acts of kindness have you seen or perhaps done, at Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading Robert's post about strangers talking to him and then buying him dinner after hearing his story, I wondered what other acts of kindness you've witnessed or been a part of at Disney?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ben lost a hat that his great uncle had given to him on our recent trip and he was devestated. I fortunately found another one and had it delivered to the resort. When I went to pick it up I told the concierge about what'd happened and she asked me to leave the hat with her.

When we returned to our room that evening, the hat was on the table, with lots of decorations, and a card from 'the gang', saying they'd found his hat and wanted to return it to him. Ben was beside himself with excitement.

I went to thank the lady the next day, and mention it to her manager. She said it was things like that that made her job the best in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    DW and I got to Soarin' one day and got a fast pass. The ride had just opened so we went through the standby line and rode. Then we came back and used our FP. However, they didn't take the FP from us, but rather told us to hold on to it. After our ride we decided that two rides were enough. A couple of young ladies were coming in to try and get FPs which by now were running well into the PM hours. We gave them our still good FPs. You would have thought we had given them the world. We've had this happen to us before so I guess this was just one way to pay it forward.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    A memorable moment happened to me this year.
    A friend of mine has a 4/5 year old grand daughter who has had cancer resulting in her being in and out of hospital for ages having chemo along with several other unpleasant treatments, but she has nevertheless been very brave throughout and always had a smile on her face.
    Before we left for Florida I asked him if she had a favourite Disney character so that I could bring her a little something back for her, and he told me that both the little girl and her sister loved anything to do with the princesses.
    After purchasing a few items from the World of Disney Store, we then decided to get a couple of "stocking fillers" from the "cheap store" [can`t recall its name] in DTD, one of which were colouring books.
    When I went to pay for the items, the CM and I had some banter when she told me to make sure that I coloured within the lines etc.. I then told her who the books were really for and told her about the little girl. On hearing this, she refused to take any money from me and handed be the items with her best wishes. She then went on to give me a couple of Disney birthday pins for the girls and wrote on them below their names "With love from your Disney friends".
    Now I`m not known for being over sentimental, but this immediately brought a tear to my eye at the thought of such kindness and compassion and I will never forget that moment...truly a piece of Disney magic for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 320857, member: 151
    DW and I got to Soarin' one day and got a fast pass. The ride had just opened so we went through the standby line and rode. Then we came back and used our FP. However, they didn't take the FP from us, but rather told us to hold on to it. After our ride we decided that two rides were enough. A couple of young ladies were coming in to try and get FPs which by now were running well into the PM hours. We gave them our still good FPs. You would have thought we had given them the world. We've had this happen to us before so I guess this was just one way to pay it forward.

Like John, on a very busy night at MK, we were getting FPs to Space Mountain. There was a huge line all day. CMs were working on the printer on the machine and ran off like a dozen of them and gave them to our party. We only needed 3. It was so cool to be able to hand them out to guests in the line to go right into the que. It was nice to be part of the delivery of magic.

Post Thanks / Like
    We were in the art of animation buildin waiting for the show. A teenager spotted that Ben had pins and came across and asked if he would trade, we explained that Ben was just starting to collect and that the pins he had were special because they were from each of the big rides. The boy then went back to his mum but a few minutes later he came back with his bumper pack of pins. He sat down and showed Ben and Ava all of the pins he collected over the years. After showing them all he said to Ben "As you are just starting from one collector to another please pick put any pin you like from the pack." Ben was excited and picked a donald duck one. A really nice gesture from a complete stranger.....where else would you find a teenager that would do that with no other motive than just to be kind. Makes you remember it's not just the place that is special it's the people who visit and work at Disney that make it special.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah now! That is a sweet thing to have happened. And you are so right. People (whether Disney employee or guest) can make the visit very special.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr Vikki (love that still), is right. That boy was just so sweet to Ben and Ava, he really made their day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always try to help people take photos so they can have family photos
    We also pass on fast passes if we leave the park before the ride time

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan, post: 322987, member: 2854
    I always try to help people take photos so they can have family photos
    We also pass on fast passes if we leave the park before the ride time
    us too, also we've bought people meals with our spare dining tokens and when we got 20% off merchandise vouchers we gave them to other people just before we left

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast