Thread: Identification

Post Thanks / Like
    I've read somewhere that when driving in Florida all passengers over 5 years must have ID incase of an accident. Is this true?
    Also, just so I know do you have to carry ID with you all the time (including the kids)? DH and I have photo driving licences but I'm wondering whether to copy Zacs passport or not to carry with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 320941, member: 3384
    I've read somewhere that when driving in Florida all passengers over 5 years must have ID incase of an accident. Is this true?
    Also, just so I know do you have to carry ID with you all the time (including the kids)? DH and I have photo driving licences but I'm wondering whether to copy Zacs passport or not to carry with us.

I don't think there's any requirement for the children but in case of emergency I guess it might be good for you to have a copy of their passports.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see the point for emergencies and I did read a while ago that when driving you should always have your driving licence on you.

At the parks if you have problems getting through the gate they will often ask for id.

I wouldn't think you would need to carry is for Zac though.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a legal requirement that you have your driving licence on you when driving :)

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll always have our driving licences on us and I've got a scanned copy of all our passport on my Dropbox account.
    I couldn't see anything about all passengers in a car having ID anywhere so I'm wondering if its a bit of a myth.

Post Thanks / Like
    All passengers in a car do not need a form of ID, especially children. The driver most definitely needs her/his driver license when driving. IF the passenger is over 18, there could be a request to see ID from a police officer, but that would be extremely unusual.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 321041, member: 43
    All passengers in a car do not need a form of ID, especially children. The driver most definitely needs her/his driver license when driving. IF the passenger is over 18, there could be a request to see ID from a police officer, but that would be extremely unusual.
    Fab thanks think. I thought it might of been a bit of a myth or misunderstanding :)

Post Thanks / Like
    My DH does the driving and always has his license, but the kids and me never carry ID.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 320971, member: 39
    It's a legal requirement that you have your driving licence on you when driving :)
    This.

In Virginia, all over 18 are required to have id at all times.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!