Thread: Best way to use uk phone in disney ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive seen various help on this but still confused

Whats the best way for me to stick with my own phone and probably number but still use my phone and not come back with a huge bill?

I don't really want to buy a pay as you go phone out there but ok I suppose if I have to

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo, post: 320946, member: 1032
    Ive seen various help on this but still confused

Whats the best way for me to stick with my own phone and probably number but still use my phone and not come back with a huge bill?

I don't really want to buy a pay as you go phone out there but ok I suppose if I have to

What are you wanting to do and how much are you going to be using it?

There is free wifi from most places in WDW at the moment so you could make use of this.

If you're not going to be using your phone for many calls or texts then it may be more economical to use your current contract rather than buying payg phones. If you do need to get new phones though we got refurb ones from Walmart. Ordered them before we went for pick up from store, they take PayPal I seem to remember so that got around the credit card address problem you often have when ordering from overseas online. The basic phones and a small amount of minutes/texts were $19 each. I do think though now that for texts/quick calls it would have been cheaper to just use our phones as normal. Data wise make sure you switch your roaming off when boarding the plane in the UK to avoid any horrific charges!

Post Thanks / Like
    When are you going? I have some pay and go phones that we bought while we were there that still have some service days and credit on them. I'll happily lend them to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I took my iphone with me and turned off all the data roaming and package data. The free wifi in the resort was brilliant, also at Magic Kingdom. The other parks were a bit hit and miss. I used whatsapp for messages whenever wifi was available. I didn't have any problems and no massive bill when I came home, just a couple of pounds for the texts I had to send to people who didn't have whatsapp. Hope that helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    yep the free wifi is great now and makes using whatsapp a dream

Welcome to Secrets Pixie-Ro
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com