Thread: How late is TOO late?

Post Thanks / Like
    We are looking at adding a few ADR's and are finding that while our choices are pretty diverse, the only available times more popular locations have is quite late (i.e. 9-945). Under normal circumstances, this would way too late for us to consider having dinner, but I wonder...is it too late at Disney World?

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, not too late at all It would be for us that have little ones, but I think if you have a bigger (and possibly later) lunch, you would be fine to have dinner that late! Also a great use for a snack credit to fill the space before dinner

Post Thanks / Like
    We ALWAYS go for as late as possible which is 9-30/9.55 at Disney so fine but I guess it does depend what you eat and how long you're awake after
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair points all around, we're usually up until well past midnight while on vacation...and it would only be one or two meals, and only for Jon and I - so I may consider booking them! THANK YOU!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 320994, member: 61
    Fair points all around, we're usually up until well past midnight while on vacation...and it would only be one or two meals, and only for Jon and I - so I may consider booking them! THANK YOU!
    I am with you Becca. It would be too late for my crew. We had to get a late seating at Coral Reef one time. Kids (were a lot younger then) had a partial meltdown waiting (they over booked and couldn't even honor this late seating...so it was REALLY late).

We couldn't really enjoy the meal, felt too rushed by CMs and it was too late to digest really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 320997, member: 301
    I am with you Becca. It would be too late for my crew. We had to get a late seating at Coral Reef one time. Kids (were a lot younger then) had a partial meltdown waiting (they over booked and couldn't even honor this late seating...so it was REALLY late).

We couldn't really enjoy the meal, felt too rushed by CMs and it was too late to digest really.
    See, that was the other factor I was concerned about...one of the seatings (for Narcoose's) isn't until 9:45, and I think they officially close at 10:00. I'm a bit worried we'll be rushed in and out so they can close up shop. Jon and I love to linger at dinners like this - really enjoy and savor them...I'd rather wait until another trip than be rushed and be disappointed in the experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe make the booking if you really want to go and then keep checking back to see if you can earlier slots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna doesn't like to eat too late so we normally try to be in a restaurant by 7:30 at the latest. We have done later meals when forced to but like you said you sometimes feel rushed when you would like to savor the meal.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We dine late as a rule, but I'd not book a meal at Disney (or anywhere really) that was 15 minutes before official closing time. You will be rushed. Period.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle