Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dining plan exchange options

Post Thanks / Like
    They have been every year they've offered the free dining plan. The parks aren't crowded but the restaurants are crazy!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    :sigh; :( I'm not liking the sounds of that at all. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 36944
    They have been every year they've offered the free dining plan. The parks aren't crowded but the restaurants are crazy!
    Isn't that the truth .

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be my interpretation of it too Tink - that they are expecting or already have full TS restaurants and don't want to get lumbered with complaints!

:rolleyes008:
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I've made it perfectly clear that I am NOT a fan of the DDP, but this is just one of the many reasons why.

Yes, free food is not something anyone is going to say no too, that I totally understand. Guests who qualify for it would be silly not to take it! Disney is the one that I hold responsible for creating a program with such a lousy design. They jam their restaurants with folks who are on the DDP (for free or otherwise) and are now complaining that those very guests are attempting to get the most for their money or free meal!

I think a three year old could have figured out that a program like that was going to be a mess from the start.

Eeeesh. I need to stop banging the pan on this one, but the whole DDP just sets my teeth on edge. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand what you are saying Tink. We don't typically get the dining plan except when it's offered for free. People do want to get the most for their money (whether the plan is free or not) and many set out to do just that. Disney has raised the prices of food so that people on DDP think they are getting more bang for their buck. However, those of us not using it are getting shafted. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere for food.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Johnie I have to agree with you 100%. Disney created this mess, and now they seem to be trying to blame it on the guests, or that is the inference that I am making from some of the information coming through.

If you gave me a voucher for a restaurant and said I could have anything I wanted, I surely would pick my favorites.

I find it very interesting that when I make an ADR and I'm asked if I'm on the DDP when I say no, the response is usually some sort of pleased acknowledgement.

I can only imagine how much CMs must dislike this program. :sigh;

Doesn't look like it's going away any time soon though!

Post Thanks / Like
    The waitresses/waiters definitely *dislike* the free dining plan . I'm the first to admit that I ate at places we normally wouldn't be able to afford , but as you said Sister Tink ... its free ... why not take advantage of Disney's thought to be generousity to guests . And I'm with Johnie on this , I never paid for the DDP . I used my DDE and saved 20% on food & cocktails , but I went at that time of year , when they didn't do free dining as a load of us did .... so why not get the free dining .

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? I'd like to see some data to compare. Is it really less expensive staying full price at a resort with free dining, than it is to get a good rate (AP, AAA, whatever-not rack rate) and using the DDE or simply buying your own food (using good budget skills)?

Would really like to see some comparisions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really feel that it works out better the other way Sister Tink . I am actually considering taking my four day hopper and turning them in for my AP , ordering a DDE card upon my return or can I do it right there ? And as stated before , forgetting the DDP next August and going with AP rate room and 20 % . When your paying and on a budget , you tend not to eat at the expensive places . I will still do the buffets, Ohanas, etc, but not like CRT's or Narcosses, Cali Grill so forth and so on .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast