Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dining plan exchange options

Post Thanks / Like
    Having the free dining is the only way i get to take the kids to the nice places to eat.
    Last year some of our meals came to over $100 and i couldn't afford to do that OOP.

It wouldn't be worth me having AP so i couldn't get room discount that way.

Not paying for food at Disney saved me so much money which is why i'm desperate to do it again next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Plus, if you factor in the flexibility not being on the DDP gives you, like being able to eat offsite, carry your lunch into the park, breakfast in the room. I love going and staying on property, and will budget to be able to do so. Disney restaurants have fallen off so much lately that I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

That way I can have one or two special meals and truly enjoy myself.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally think that Disney has to take a step back reevaluate the entire Dining Plan. They already have different tiers and have added the new QS plan. They should limit what is available on each tier, with the most expensive tier being able to order ANYTHING on the menu from appetizer through dessert and the free having a limited menu of things they can order. That would make it fair for all. And they wouldn't have to keep raising the prices.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    DizneyBlonde, that makes sense to me. I understand that free dining is a good thing for many people. I'm just wondering about true cost and savings compared to other options.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year was the first time ever we had eaten at TS restaurants and as we don't have a car eating offsite isn't an option.

It just made our holiday that extra bit special and we don't get to go as often so i'm up for as much of that as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    The DDP made us try restaurants we never had tried before. I don't know that we ever would have because of the cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know where you are coming from Tink.

If we didn't have the free dining we wouldn't eat at TS restaurants and we would make do with other options.We would eat as cheap as possible.

All the while Disney are going to let me and the kids eat TS for free i'm going to bite their hand off though!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    thats what I stated above as well, I haven't eaten at some lovely restaurants that I never would have been able to afford on a budget .
    Teresa ~ besides your party at CRT's ~ I will pay for that as I've never been to the dinner in the castle .

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me it means not worrying that my picky eater has chosen something expensive and then not eaten any of it!

It doesn't matter what he eats or doesn't eat because it doesn't cost me any different!

I like that freedom! And the meals are then largely already budgeted for.

But I agree that they needed to put more thought into the plan, and anticipate that people would make use of it.

I like Tink's comment about the different reaction of the CMs when it's not on the DDP. We are going to SciFi Dinein and probably just having shakes and fries, so I said no my party aren't using the DDP for this meal and she did seem to have a different reaction. I said we were on the plan but all our other TS meals are booked - (which is true) and she laughed!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 37225
    thats what I stated above as well, I haven't eaten at some lovely restaurants that I never would have been able to afford on a budget .
    Teresa ~ besides your party at CRT's ~ I will pay for that as I've never been to the dinner in the castle .
    Tinker hunny if we don't get free dining i'll probably pay for CRT for my birthday too.

You do all know my birthday isn't until November don't you?
    Can't go then because of work so is it ok to celebrate while we are in Disney?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast