Thread: Any restaurant recommendations

Post Thanks / Like
    We probably wont eat out every night but may do a few curb side pick ups and wanted to get an idea of the restaurants close to where we are but I have no idea where to start.
    So, where have you eaten that you recommend?? We are staying close to Vinelands (seaworld end of I-Drive) the first week and then we are just off the 192 behind animal kingdom the 2nd week.
    I would love to here any must dos or must donts you know of in those areas (or even away from those areas, we have a car :) )
    Thank you :) :)

Post Thanks / Like
    For the Vinelands area, I'd head to the Dr. Phillips area (Sand Lake, cross over Turkey Lake, and starting there through a right on Dr. Phillips Blvd). You really can't go wrong with any restaurant in that area. There are many price points there, and even some good ethnic restaurants. The Lebanese restuarant is very nice (Cedars) but the Indian one on Sand Lake is not so good. For EXCELLENT Indian, go to the intersection of Sand Lake and Turkey Lake and take a right on Turkey Lake (head for Gold's Gym, or K-Mart). There is a wonderful little Indian restaurant in there, Memories of India.

Otherwise, Melting Pot, Season's 52, Ruth's Chris, and too many to list really all in that area. Once you make the turn on to Dr. Phillips Blvd. there is Morton's, Too Jay's (quite nice for breakfast or lunch) several "local" places, all good... Stonewood further along the road.

Near Animal Kingdom there are many places too, on 192. Miller's Ale House is always good. Good basic food in huge portions. Joe's Crab Shack is along there (if you like seafood) and so is Bone Fish. A bit more upscale than Joe's but still affordable. However, the food isn't necessarily better than Joe's! Along that strip we avoid the Chinese places, Outback (sorry, loads of folks love it, but we aren't among them) and Carabbas (or however it's spelled). Red Lobster is along there, and if you order the fresh fish of the day, or the lobster it's quite decent (and VERY affordable). Same for Olive Garden. They are very basic places, but give good value for decent food. Nothing gourmet, but solid stuff.

Oh, and with the AKL stay, you won't be far from Celebration so you may want to try any of the places there. May I ask a favor? If you dine in Columbia at Celebration during September, you'll be given a card to select a charity to donate a portion of the proceeds from your dinner to. Would you choose the Alzheimer's one? That's "mine." (Place of employment).

At any rate, we generally avoid any and all buffets off property, even Sweet Tomatoes anymore. They've all had real challenges with sanitary matters so we'll skip them thanks. The only buffets we'll do are on Disney Property.

Oh, if you care to venture further along I Drive there is a fabulous Ethiopian restaurant tucked up in a strip mall area. Rather tricky to find, but so worth it!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow tink thank you so much - this is exactly what I was after. We are staying in timeshare apartments so not onsite at disney and I want to try and find something other than steakhouses all the time (this my aim for this holiday but knowing me I'll probably revert back to form and stick with what i know lol).
    I will have a good look at all your suggestions later on :) thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    I will echo Tink's recommendations for Melting Pot, Ruth's Chris and Miller's Ale House. If you go to Ale House you must try the Zingers!

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    If you like nachos, bring an Army! LOL!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds fab thanks guys :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, if you want to venture forth, and visit a truly unusual and very cool place, find your way to Yellow Dog Eats in Gotha. :D :D :D Trust me on this. It's worth the drive and the hunt!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 321392, member: 43
    Now, if you want to venture forth, and visit a truly unusual and very cool place, find your way to Yellow Dog Eats in Gotha. :D :D :D Trust me on this. It's worth the drive and the hunt!
    I'll second that, it's the best pulled pork you will ever taste

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a document I send to our guests with restaurants that we like so if you would like it then e-mail me and I'll be happy to send it to you :-) My e-mail is:- sandra@arkvilla.com
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 321436, member: 1199
    I have a document I send to our guests with restaurants that we like so if you would like it then e-mail me and I'll be happy to send it to you :) My e-mail is:- sandra@arkvilla.com
    Ah fab thanks Sandra, will ping an email over this morning. :)