Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homesick now...

Post Thanks / Like
    I truly do miss the Adirondacks. My Da taught me much about nature, hiking, boating, survival skills, mountain hiking...

Shelly, I like to think of you so close to this beautiful area of the state...

http://www.adirondack.net/fall/

What do you like most about Autumn (or, if you prefer, Fall)?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep on saying that one year we will head over to the North East to see the fall, but so far we haven`t managed to do it.
    From what I`ve seen and read, the leaf colour is absulutely stunning.
    Ok, we have Autumn [our version of the Fall] over here, but apart from a few arboretums etc., we have nowhere near the spectacle of the fall "over there".

Post Thanks / Like
    I do miss fall. The cool crisp air, the smell of burning leaf piles, the color changes, apple and pumpkin picking. It's just not the same here in Florida. Having spent my first 35 years in Chicago (27) and Minneapolis (8) these are some of the activities we miss doing.

One of these years the DW and I are going to head to Tennessee for an autumn weekend in the Smokies.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    We'd like to take the boy camping in the Adirondack's before he's grown. It would need to be a cabin now, as Ol' Tink doesn't do tents!

Slowhand, it is beautiful in the NE, during the Fall. Absolutely a riot of color. There is a peak season and those peaks are location dependent so if you miss one area, there is another, until they leaves have all turned.

Disneyfreak, what about apple cider and the only doughnut I'll eat? Apple cider doughnuts! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 321370, member: 1147
    I do miss fall. The cool crisp air, the smell of burning leaf piles, the color changes, apple and pumpkin picking. It's just not the same here in Florida. Having spent my first 35 years in Chicago (27) and Minneapolis (8) these are some of the activities we miss doing.

One of these years the DW and I are going to head to Tennessee for an autumn weekend in the Smokies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 321373, member: 43
    We'd like to take the boy camping in the Adirondack's before he's grown. It would need to be a cabin now, as Ol' Tink doesn't do tents!

Slowhand, it is beautiful in the NE, during the Fall. Absolutely a riot of color. There is a peak season and those peaks are location dependent so if you miss one area, there is another, until they leaves have all turned.

Disneyfreak, what about apple cider and the only doughnut I'll eat? Apple cider doughnuts! :D
    Disneyfreak. I can identify with the burning leaves but unfortunately most places won't let you burn them any more.

Tink, we have the boys tomorrow and if we don't get the rain they ate predicting we may go out to the orchard and they have Apple cider doughnuts.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh, have one for me!!! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    New England in the fall is on my bucket list. We've done boston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington over New Years. It was lovely but a little bit too cold for me - it was hitting -20 with wind chill (not fun when outside site seeing).
    May have to try and hunt down some places to go this year near us to see the trees changing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Leaves. I love the leaves. And kicking through big piles of them.

I love the crisp cold too. Not the grey, dreary cold but the clear, crisp cold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! Kicking through the leaves. LOVED that. Love the crispness of the cold, as you describe. The dreary gray lasts too long though... long winters up there.
    As kids we used to rake huge piles then jump in them. Not sure why that was considered fun, but it was! Until Gramma caught us trying to jump off the green house roof. :D (It was a single storey)!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, they haven't hit yet but T'storms are a brewing so we decided not to go to the orchard this weekend.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast