Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dad

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending loads of good thoughts your way Hopefully things get back to normal very soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dad's in isolation with his own bathroom. We have to put on apron and gloves when we visit. And you have to put so much of that hand foam stuff that you end up with a thick layer of it. I didn't sit on the bed but I did try and go for a ride on the drip stand. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 321967, member: 43
    Even with something like C Diff?! You can't control the spread without isolative techniques!

No, sorry should have elaborated, if suspected they're isolated but of course there's before it's diagnosed when someone is in a shared bay, that's when things are passed on

Post Thanks / Like
    More pd. I hope that your Dad starts to heal soon. xx
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Dawn, poorly parents are such a worry. Hope your Dad gets better soon xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    The C Diff will wear him down, as will the pneumonia. But, he's a strong man, without other problems, so he'll rally.

I was thinking of the bathroom at home, too. That will need a terminal clean.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 321978, member: 39
    No, sorry should have elaborated, if suspected they're isolated but of course there's before it's diagnosed when someone is in a shared bay, that's when things are passed on
    Ah, well that makes sense then. I should have realized that you mean prior to the Medical profession getting involved. Some days I really worry about myself. Most days actually.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes, that sounds horrible! Do you need to steam clean everything in the bathroom?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending good thoughts for your dad

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 322032, member: 301
    Yikes, that sounds horrible! Do you need to steam clean everything in the bathroom?
    You need to use a special chemical cleaner (some do use bleach though) to be sure to kill the spores. Steam cleaners usually don't get hot enough, but industrial ones do. Not too many people own industrial steam cleaners though.

You have to suit up, double glove and clean every single thing. If it can't be cleaned it gets red bagged and thrown away. Ceilings need to be cleaned, walls, floors, plumbing... everything. If the medicine chest is filled with things that can't be cleaned with the chemical cleaner, out they go too. Biohazards. It's a miserable job.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast