Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Lodge?

Post Thanks / Like
    So... What can you tell me about staying at Wilderness Lodge?
    E.g:
    Are there noisy/quiet parts? Is it quieter on the higher floors?
    Any sections to avoid?
    How is the bus service? Etc....
    Thank you. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm interested to hear about this too. We stayed one night in concierge for our 5 wedding anniversary bit would love a proper stay there.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've stayed there in the DVC villas. It was so peaceful and quiet! We loved the main pool, and the quiet pool. The location is very nice and we really enjoyed taking the boat ride to MK.
    The food there is good (we'll leave Ol' Tink's usual complaint about how the DDP has ruined dining at Disney out of this discussion, but it still applies :D ) both at Whispering Canyon and Artist Point. They have a decent counter service place too.

We love the lobby, with the Native American displays. The building itself is the AKL, or rather AKL is a duplicate of WL, it's the décor that makes them different.

Anyway, I think you would enjoy it there. It has a lovely northern feel to it (which probably means nothing to someone who is not from the Northern US)! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. :)
    I did consider the Villas but there's a big difference in the price.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I'm sure there is a huge difference. I have no idea how to do it, but I know that some people rent points to stay in the villas, and that makes it much more affordable. Last I know points were going for $10-12 each...
    But I'm sure the resort section would be just as lovely.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 322166, member: 43
    We love the lobby, with the Native American displays. The building itself is the AKL, or rather AKL is a duplicate of WL, it's the décor that makes them different.

:D
    How in the world did I not know that? This place is amazing....you learn something new ever day! So is the Artist's Point the same as Jiko? Whispering Canyon the same layout as Boma? I am gob smacked...not that you say it Tink, I can see how they are very very similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, not all all. Whispering Canyon is not a buffet, it's table service. They do offer an all you can eat skillet kind of thing. Artist Point is comparable with Jiko with regard to the quality of the food and service (and price). It's not set up like it though. I rather prefer Artist Point's set up over Jiko. Particularly the far right table which is in the corner where the corner is formed by windows. The view is glorious.

The general lobby area and the general architecture of the two buildings are the same structural plans.

Post Thanks / Like
    The restaurant setup is totally different in AKL and Wilderness Lodge. We much prefer JIKO to Artist Point but both of them have excellent food. JIKO has an outstanding selection of South African Wines.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

So, any other WL fans here? How are the buses, the CMs? Are the beds comfortable? If your room is near the lobby, is it noisy?
    (We're not really interested in restaurants. :) )
    Thanks. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    This was our first on-site stay and while it is a beautiful resort I prefer BC. Whispering Canyon food was awful and we vowed never to go back there (although breakfasts were really good) and I was a bit disappointed with the pool because there was no quiet pool when we first went, although there is one now by the DVC villas. Boat ride to MK was lovely but found the bus service to other parks a bit hit or miss. I still love walking round there but don't think I would go back again

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge
    2016 Beach Club Concierge