Thread: What are your halloween traditions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it's a bit early but I love Halloween :)

We always get dressed up and have some kind of party and our neighbourhood comes alive with trick or treaters. Its well organized here and we get letters through the door explaining what to do if we don't want to be involved so no elderly people are bothered if they don't want to be

I look out for pumpkins to carve and take great pride in getting the perfect ones LOL

Id love to be out in America on the day to see how its done properly

what about you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Turn out the lights and pretend we're not home. We've done a few things over the years but have never really been big fans of the day.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    We come and go on the level of involvement. Now with the boy living with us, and our living in a fairly highly populated area we do hand out treats and take the boy out door to door. He and I have a contract going this year, so if he holds to his end, I'll dress up with him and go along. He's going to be a Jedi. I'm working on the concept of an "alien witch" that he will accept as an appropriate counterpart to his Jedi. LOL.

I was afraid of Halloween as a child, so we've never done too much other that what I've already described. Now, there are some folks (and our neighbors are some of them) who go totally all out! They decorate the outside of their homes, and whoooeeee... they have huge costume parties, and all that sort of thing.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 322211, member: 11
    I know it's a bit early but I love Halloween :)

We always get dressed up and have some kind of party and our neighbourhood comes alive with trick or treaters. Its well organized here and we get letters through the door explaining what to do if we don't want to be involved so no elderly people are bothered if they don't want to be

I look out for pumpkins to carve and take great pride in getting the perfect ones LOL

Id love to be out in America on the day to see how its done properly

what about you?
    Well, I think that if I were to visit another country to see a cool Halloween, I think I would go to Mexico to see the Dias de las Muertas.....that would be cool.

We used to be into it a lot more when DD Alex was a young kid, DW and I would dress in costume, I would put the speakers outside on the deck behind the house and play the Disney haunted house sound effects record. Guess I will have to wait for the future grand kids...not too hurried for that though!

Post Thanks / Like
    'Skip, we talked about doing a celebration of Dias de las Muertas this year. It's such a wonderful sounding way to remember our loved ones who are no longer here with us. It's pretty involved, so we are thinking about planning better for next year, but I did find some candles for the day in a neat little shop.

I think we'll do a very abbreviated version of it for this year, and plan on moving from Halloween, to the more family oriented Dias de las Muertas.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle