Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit card required for all TS ADR's from 31st Oct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney is to expand it's cancellation policy from 31st Oct 2013.
    All table service ADR's will require a credit card and it will be charged $10 per person for no-shows. You will have to cancel before 24hrs like currently for CRT etc.

For dinner shows etc where you pay up front, the entire amount will be retained in the event of failing to cancel. The new policy also applies to non-Disney operated restaurants.

This is for bookings made from 31st Oct. If you already have one you will not be affected.

good or bad idea??

Post Thanks / Like
    It's needed because so many people book multiple restaurants because they can't choose and then don't cancel. It's been a huge problem

I feel bad for those who do not have a credit card or don't like to use them.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's a good idea, hopefully it will mean more availability for genuine diners.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the Wave does not require a credit card hold and they have truly hundreds of now shows per night. 200-250 or more. It bogs down the system and prevents them from taking in walk ins. It makes for a very uncomfortable situation for the servers because people see that the place is slow but can't get seated. Disney needs to return some decision making powers to the people and not rely so heavily on the automated system.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I do feel sorry for the folks who do not have or do not use credit cards, but if it cleans up the booking system I'm all for it

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree with the credit card hold to stop people from making multiple bookings and not showing up but 24 hours notice? I sometimes change my mind on the day and always cancel, what if you're ill? Etc etc very annoying

Post Thanks / Like
    We ate breakfast in an almost empty Ohana's this trip. If this allows walk ups to return then brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Again, it's always the few who ruin it for the rest of us. I'm all for it though if it allows more walk ups.

We have made a lot of reservations and canceled reservations right on our phone while on our trips. There are no more excuses for people not to do the right thing.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's definitely a good thing, as well. And people that don't have credit cards can get debit cards that will function as a Visa/Mastercard for this kind of thing. We use mostly debit cards (only recently getting a credit card again) and I make reservations all the time with the debit card.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    We had an ADR for breakfast at Chef Mickey's and Ben woke up in the morning ill. They cancelled it no problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast