Subject line about says it all. My DW wants a new camera for Christmas and I'm confounded about what to get her. Keep in mind that I'm a confirmed Nikon fan. But for her, I'm open to suggestions. Let me give you the requirements and then you tell me what to get! :D
- Simple, simple, simple, simple. She doesn't get "Aperture Priority", "Shutter Priority", "Shutter Speed", "F-stop" or any other camera jargon.
- She's going to use it primarily to photograph her eBay auctions.
- Needs to do good close up work. Not necessarily at the macro level although that's a plus.
- Reasonable flash since most of her photographs are done under less than ideal conditions in the house.
- Would be nice to be able to have something like a remote for shutter release available for it.
- Budget - willing to spend up to around $500 or $600. What can I say? She's worth it.
I've been eyeballing the Nikon 1 series. But I'm unsure. So I'm soliciting input from all you camera gurus (or nerds. Your choice.) out there.
Go ahead all you camera experts. Give me your opinions please.
Tom ( ... behind the camera buying curve.)