Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your every good wish is needed...

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been quiet about this, but feel now is the time to reach out to my Disney family here and ask for all the good wishes you can spare for Herself's sister.

She was diagnosed with cancer at the end of August. No primary site, but it has metastasized to her lymph nodes.

Herself is in Arizona with her now. The pain has not been controlled and her sister is in complete and total pain, calling for their mother (who is flying there today).

So, please my generous and kind family, will you send thoughts of peace, good energy, and strength to the sister of my wife? If a peaceful death is all that remains, then this woman is most deserving of a gentle and kind leaving.

Thank you all so very much.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so so sorry I had hoped she would have found some pain relief by now

You know she is in our thoughts and prayers Tink and I hope and I pray more than anything that Herself's sister can get some peace and that the hospital provides her with more pain medication

Chris and I are sending our love to you both and please don't forget that we are here for you always, no matter what time of night or day

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    You carry me through the days and nights, dear friend. Without you this morning, I'm not sure I'd have been able to face work. It's a horrible, miserable, hateful thing, but there is nothing to do but go through this. It's inescapable.

I'm just truly horrified at the terrible care she seems to be getting. Herself will be able to interrupt that fortunately. She's an incredibly quiet, gentle person, until you hurt someone she loves. I really don't want to be the physicians who have to deal with that Irishwoman. She's going to insist on hospice care and that is as it should be.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear, that is sad news indeed. and for all concerned.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear this Tink. To think she is not getting the care she deserves makes things even worse for all of you when that should be a comfort of sorts. Sending every good thought, hope and prayer your family's way!!!

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear :( not good not good :( Hope to god she gets the pain relief... that's really not on XXXX Love and thoughts to you all X

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much. I'll share your kindness with Herself. It will make all the difference. She remains by her sister's bedside. I know that sounds dramatic, but she won't leave her. And she shouldn't. She's following your advice Wendy, keeping her hand on her sister, holding her hand, speaking to her... I'm hoping a sister's love breaks through and gives some relief that the medicine can't seem to deliver.

Post Thanks / Like
    She will know that Herself is there

I truly hope that she can get her moved to a hospice, they are so much nicer and more peaceful, for the person suffering and for the family. It is the hospice that will get the pain medication worked out properly and will help her to become peaceful, so I hope a move can be arranged as soon as possible

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know that they'd had to move her. Sometimes hospitals here have hospice units. I don't know about the hospital that she is in though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry to hear that Tink! my thoughts are with your family

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast