Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Your every good wish is needed...

Post Thanks / Like
    Love and hugs To you all!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mairead is right, they should be administering pain relief another way if Sister is unable to swallow - palliative care is all about keeping somebody comfortable isnt it? You have nothing to be sorry about, you just want the best possible care for Sister.
    Thinking of you as always x

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no religious belief that would prevent her from having any treatment, although Herself says that there is no way they would be able to get an IV in her. She is that thin, and has no muscle on her at all. They tried the liquid but Sister is pretty much unable to swallow. Herself says that she is slipping from her...

Tonight, the family (extended family with whom I've kept in contact and informed) are going to light candles for Sister and say her favorite prayer three times. It will at least release love and good energy into the universe... that can only be a good thing.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I don't know her favorite prayer, I would be honored to light a candle for her, as well, Tink. xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Her Prayer:
    Hail Mary, full of grace. The L-rd is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of they womb, Jesus.
    Holy Mary, Mother of G-d, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
    Thank you, Becca. I think it would be beautiful if you lit a candle for her.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Im sorry to know of this news :( My heart goes out to you and everyone. I will light a candle tomorrow night. :comfort2:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I will also pray for you all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Jeff. Siobhan, her decline was very sharp and very rapid. I went back and read old emails from her (we saw her here in February, so March onward). She tells us of how much her back has started to hurt, and how the physician told her the weight loss (rapid!) was due to a medication she was taking for pain. That's when I first got really suspicious because I have that very same medication and trust me, I only wish it caused me to lose weight. She then became so cold she was wearing layers (in the summer in Arizona) and kept having one more problem after another. She couldn't walk well, used a wheelchair to clothing shop for her granddaughter's first day of school... It's been a series of poor diagnoses and lousy care. One doctor even told her she was just a pill seeker. He should be invited to her home now where she is curled into a ball of pain moaning...

As I said, she is an incredibly kind and generous woman, so I will not tarnish all she has been with my anger, so I need to keep it under wraps. It's a bit like an overfilled tire, if I start to puncture it, it may explode.

The candles and prayers make such a difference. I believe they give her the energy and peace to understand she can leave. She is struggling to stay because she knows how much her family needs her, that and her incredibly strong heart. She was very healthy and very strong right up until it all started falling apart in March.

I don't consider myself conventionally religious, but was raised in an RC house. Old rituals have comfort when one is stressed, sad, heartbroken, eh? So we go through some of those rituals seeking comfort in the commonality of them, as they can be shared with others.

A lovely beautiful Irish Woman with deep auburn hair... We'll take her home to Central NY when the time comes. She'll rest by her daughter and her father.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Tink

She'll be happy again when she is with her Dad and Daughter, she will be another angel to watch over you all

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast