Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Your every good wish is needed...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 324533, member: 43
    Not very well. The hospice nurse was in and spoke with her privately asking her why she was "hanging on." Not the best conversation. She also lectured her on taking her medicine (for pain). So Sister is distressed, and very fearful. She doesn't want to leave her family, because she knows how truly desperately they need her. I personally think the hospice nurse was an insensitive lout, but Herself did not say that (just my miserable impression).

Herself says it's achingly sad to look at Sister. She says she has no earthly idea how someone that thin can still be with us. :(
    WHAT?????????????? Really? OMG! Dumbfounded. That has to be the last thing she needed to hear :( A big thumbs down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending More hugs and prayers your way

Post Thanks / Like
    Xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    The hospice nurse was in and spoke with her privately asking her why she was "hanging on." Not the best conversation. She also lectured her on taking her medicine (for pain
    Oh my goodness!! Really?! That is disgusting. :( :(
    I think Herself needs to speak to the Head of department. :(
    Many all round. xxx
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    That is truly shocking isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    When my brother in law was incredibly close to passing the nurse told my sister to tell him it was ok, he could leave However, to say it directly to Sister herself is not good - that must have been horrible for her to here as shes so scared

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Tin, I keep opening this thread in the hope that by some miracle things get better and now this happens. I'm so sorry for all of you and you're all in m y thoughts xxx

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Sister's daughter (and Herself as well) have spoken gently with her several times, assuring her that they will take care of Sister's husband (a completely different illness story) and the 7 year old granddaughter. They have told her how they will care for them, and given her as much information as they possibly can.

Sister knows, as much as anyone can know, that those she leaves behind will be cared for. The hospice nurse knew all that, so there was no need what so ever for her to try and interfere in that type of conversation. Sister was so upset and frightened, she refused to have her bath, or any other hands on care. It's clear to Herself, that Sister does not want anyone from that hospice touching her. It's very late in the illness, but perhaps another hospice needs to be brought in. I don't know how that works, for certain though. Probably have something to do with the stinking health insurance. :(

Never let anyone put down your health care in the UK or any other country. As far as I'm concerned, for a so called "super power" the USA's health care system is nearly criminal.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a deplorable thing for the nurse to have said.

I wish you all peace and comfort and know that I, along with many others on here are thinking of you with nothing but support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear. This is so sad. Even though I don't know Herself or Sister I've felt so cross with that hospice today. I sat with my dear Mother through her last 2 days so I know how it feels. Is there any chance that Sister could just go home, maybe with nursing care? xx
    [CENTER]

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast