Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Your every good wish is needed...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah I see, our hospices are separate from the hospitals and are usually very nice.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Tink, I am so very sorry to hear the news. Of course you and yours will be in my thoughts. My brother had angels at his hospice. They did a remarkable job. May this dear lady have the care of those remarkable people in hospice care.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's nothing I can say that will make things better for you all. Just know I'm here for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Tink I could cry for you, I have nothing to say that will make things any better for you but I'm keeping you all in my thoughts. Sending you lots and lots of hugs at this very difficult time, I hope you are coping OK at home on your own? Must be very hard for you to be apart right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being here, and sending your messages does help. It helps more than I can adequately explain.

Sister is going in for another "brain scan." They keep saying they aren't finding anything (after scaring us witless early on). However, I can't say as I believe much from them at all. Herself has "spoken to" someone at the hospital and a Hospice consult is being set up.

Herself says her Niece is starting to crumble. I can only imagine.

Again, thank you all. Every word of good wish matters.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Your are all in my thoughts Tink, I really hope she can get some relief from the pain. Theres nothing worse than seeing someone you love suffer and know theres nothing you can do to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad she has asked for Hospice care, hopefully it won't be much longer before the consult

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please know that I am sending healing thoughts and so much love to her, and to Herself and the whole family. Just the worst of times. Holding her hand seems like the right thing to do, it is a simple yet a powerful thing that can break through. Hoping that the Hospice care is sorted easily and smoothly if that is the right next step for her.

Sending my love to you also my dear friend. Yours is not an easy position to be in either. Waiting, and missing your loved one when you want to be there helping them through it in person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Deb. I firmly believe that will help bring peace to this.

They have called for a Hospice consult. Sister's husband and eldest daughter agree. So does the doctor. Not sure if she'll stay in this hospital, be moved to a hospice in patient unit, or what. If they get her stable she may be able to go home with hospice. That's how they usually do it here. Hospice inpatient units are typically only for someone who has no home, or home support, or who has symptoms that cannot be controlled.

I've spoken with the youngest brother. Heartbreaking, just hideous. I've talked with the eldest brother's wife... more of the same.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    My heart goes out to everyone Tink. It seems like cancer affects us all at sometime in our lives. I'm so sorry that she is in pain. I pray that she finds peace and those around her find strength, especially when they need it the most.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast