Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all very much for your thoughts and prayers!

The only update I have is that he took 14-20 10mg pills of Vicodin. He started to regain consciousness around 6pm last night but they are keeping him sedated just because of everything he's hooked up to. Preliminary blood work shows that it's starting to effect his liver and kidneys. Since Vicodin contains the main ingredient that is in Tylenol this is very serious. After doing some reading back in 2009 the FDA was advised to remove Vicodin and Percocet from the market because of overdose concerns and the ensuing effect on the liver.

Also, they are not completely sure now if it was a suicide attempt or not. Apparently late the night before he texted a girlfriend that he was getting high on pain pills. His Father found him around 5am yesterday morning breathing very erratically and called 911.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending good thoughts and prayers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Vicodin. :( I'm so very sorry. It will wreak havoc on his liver, but he is young and may well pull through this unscathed. It's not unusual for that to be the case. Not a suicidal action would be good, but he still needs intervention if he was using the meds to get high, eh? Not an easy road, regardless of motivation.

Will continue to hope that he fully recovers. Thanks for keeping us updated, Disneyfreak. I hope you and your wife are doing ok through all of this.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry :-( Vicodin and Percocet are still widely used pain meds. I also had many clients who would take them recreationally. It is very easy to OD.

I pray for a full recovery and that he can get help with this.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking of your family at this time and I hope he gets all the help he needs :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to those for the additional thoughts and prayers. I have another update:

They removed the breathing tube yesterday and so he is now able to breath on his own and he is conscious but still a bit out of it. His numbers regarding his heart are still going up which is a serious concern (sorry but not sure what numbers they were talking about). Sounds like he will remain in ICU until everything is out of his system. He told his parents and the doctors that he took a handful of pills to get high and when he felt like it was not working he took another handful. The silver lining is it was not a suicide attempt.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry that your family are going though this, hope he makes a full recover,

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers heading to your family!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is indeed a silver lining, Disneyfreak. I know your family is grateful for that! I hope he is able to fully recover from this. He's so young.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't post earlier but I have been sending good thoughts Disneyfreak. It sounds as if he is slowly heading in the right direction. I am hoping for his full recovery and strength for all of his family. What a tough thing to watch and to go through.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast