Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed for a friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend has a little boy who is 6 and suffers from autism, she wants to take him and his 12 year old sister to florida. She was wondering if disney/ universal offer a queue jump system for family's with children how have problems queuing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Starting today, Disney is implementing a new system that is going to make it more difficult for families like your friend who has legitimate issues. Here is a link from a previous post regarding Disney's GAC (Guest Assistance Card).

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/thr...eplaced.26556/

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    As DF said it is all change from today, the GAC is completely different how it used to be and no longer allows disabled people to use the fastpass lanes or front of line. You are given a ticket equivalent to the standby wait time and you can come back then and you will be directed into the fastpass lane.

There is detailed information about it here

Universal Studios make you jump through hoops to get a card for assistance and it doesn't guarantee front of line, there have been lots of complaints about their service for disabled guests.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is so sad, I was telling her today about how great disney was at accommodating family's when a disability can be an issue.
    This can be my mean she can't travel to florida as her son can't currently stand in a queue.

Post Thanks / Like
    The new system at Disney was rolled out today. Your friend needs to be able to articulate exactly what accommodations her child needs. I'm hoping to hear some positives about the new system in the very near future.

When is your friend planning to travel?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 322615, member: 92
    The new system at Disney was rolled out today. Your friend needs to be able to articulate exactly what accommodations her child needs. I'm hoping to hear some positives about the new system in the very near future.

When is your friend planning to travel?
    She hasn't got a date yet as we are still trying to work out the best options for the family and also wait to now hear about the new system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does your friend's son use a wheelchair? It sounds like people who use a wheelchair or ecv, may be required to join the stand by line. I do think they realise that every case is different and some people have disabilities that are not visible.

I think news will soon come out about how the new scheme works and Disney may have to change the conditions slightly.

I think it is a good idea that a change has being made, I've been sat in Guest Services at Epcot and nearly every other person wanted the old card.

The ones that annoy me are those in wheelchairs or ecvs who are only using them for the express benefit of getting the card or are just too bone idle to walk and will do so only when it suits them. Before anyone shouts me down, I have witnessed this first hand. I have seen people get the cardand get out of their wheelchair outside and then walk with all their bags in the chair. I have also seen a family of 5 go into Epcot's Guest Services asking for the old card, whilst one of them was getting the card, the man got out of his ecv, and then physically pushed it to turn it around to face the right direction to go out He was obviously fitter than me because I couldn't have done that

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 322625, member: 46
    Does your friend's son use a wheelchair? It sounds like people who use a wheelchair or ecv, may be required to join the stand by line. I do think they realise that every case is different and some people have disabilities that are not visible.
    He has autism and is awaiting to have ADHD confirmed, he can't stand in queues and can have periods where he will scream and shout for no reason, this is both upsetting for his family and other around him, (not everyone is understanding)
    They recently visit inked lego land and was a let to get a card which aloud them to jump all queues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 322625, member: 46
    The ones that annoy me are those in wheelchairs or ecvs who are only using them for the express benefit of getting the card or are just too bone idle to walk and will do so only when it suits them. Before anyone shouts me down, I have witnessed this first hand. I have seen people get the cardand get out of their wheelchair outside and then walk with all their bags in the chair. I have also seen a family of 5 go into Epcot's Guest Services asking for the old card, whilst one of them was getting the card, the man got out of his ecv, and then physically pushed it to turn it around to face the right direction to go out He was obviously fitter than me because I couldn't have done that
    It's always the few who ruin it for all. I understand why Disney has done this with people taking complete advantage of the system and some even profiting from it. It's just a shame that the adults and especially children that need it are the ones who suffer the most.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 322629, member: 1147
    It's always the few who ruin it for all. I understand why Disney has done this with people taking complete advantage of the system and some even profiting from it. It's just a shame that the adults and especially children that need it are the ones who suffer the most.
    I completely agree, I feel so bad for the children

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast