Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you cooking today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Herself has embarked on the great fruit cake preparation. Hers is quite good, unlike many that you get "over here."

I'll be fiddling with the items we bought yesterday at the farmer's market. Tons of vegetables, with no real plan for them. That's my job sorted for today, making a menu.

We'll have fish tacos one day this week. We found some beautiful Alaskan cod on sale for $6.99/lb. Quite a good price for here.

We also bought some gourmet mushrooms and hydroponic lettuce. I think I'll make the mushrooms a dish on their own (they are delicious). The lettuce will be part of the tacos and then a bed for the lovely yellow tomatoes and fresh basil we also bought.

Herself is making Bunratty Ribs today too.

So, other than your Sunday dinner today, are you cooking or preparing for the upcoming week's menu? I like to have an open ended menu that allows for flexibility.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I made honeycomb and chocolate truffles with Steven this morning if that counts. Not sure they'll last the week though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been busy so no baking today. There's a nice ribeye steak for tonight. :)
    I always write a week or so's menu and usually stick to it.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    we made honeycomb too, we were spurred on by Dawn! There is a shoulder of lamb in the oven that smells delicious too, roast potatoes, carrots and green veg. nom

Tink- what do you put in fish tacos?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 323011, member: 39

Tink- what do you put in fish tacos?
    Oooh oooh oooh I know this one.

Fish

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh nothing... I have no kitchen it is being ripped out lol. Still I actually prefer sandwiches and wraps so I'm happy.

I'm also not baking anything for Christmas this year, it is going to be a treat free Christmas, no chocolatey goodies just fruit and nice food. Natalie has been in and out of hospital since day two we got back in UK from Cyprus, she has to have her gall bladder out. No wonder the doctors in Cyprus were arguing whether it was her gall bladder or appendix that needed to come out. It was in fact BOTH! but luckily the antibiotic drip for the appendicitis kept the gall bladder at bay until we hit UK soil :( But she is now well known at the hospital now because all the doctors and students and nurses have been to have a look at her European appendix scar... it's not at an angle and near her hip bone like the UK scars but a line right next to her belly button. She's happy because she says it's a permanent souvenier of Cyprus... me.... I'll stick to magnets and postcards if you don't mind.

Anyways... no rich food for us and Nats because her op is due in December :( even though she keeps coming in and out of hospital for pain management.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a day off from cooking which is very unusual for me. I was taken out for lunch and then we went sat by the canal and had an ice cream. Talk about coincidence, I had a honeycomb cornet

Tink I can think if someone who will be dancing a happy dance that Herself is making the ribs :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 323017, member: 32
    Oooh oooh oooh I know this one.

Fish

You are the funniest person I know! ;p

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, Dawn!
    Brit, we use Alaskan Halibut or cod, or haddock. This time we have the Alaskan Cod. Herself makes a sauce that is so delicious! We have pico di gallo, butter lettuce, onion, and freshly griddled tacos (flour tacos, soft). Small tomatoes too. Lime to make it all sparkle. :D We'll have black beans and rice too.

Herself made some delicious cheddar and garlic biscuits too! We're going to be well fed this week.

Wendy, the "boys" ate ribs until they couldn't move. Seriously! LOL. You saw the results of my having the boy's Da help with the apple crisp. :D It came out nicely for all that. We also did a pernil which we'll cook in the slow cooker tomorrow. We usually do it in the oven, but this time we're giving the slow cooker a go. I don't usually like food done in that, but we'll see.

So, our refrigerators are stuffed to the gills, and we don't have to worry much about what to have for dinner this week.

Cooking does give us something to focus on. :)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I know where I'm eating this week now!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast