Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you cooking today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, that's what I meant to ask. What is the honeycomb you are talking about? I know what bees honeycomb is, but I'm pretty sure you are talking about a confection?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Esme, sorry to hear about Natalie's continued problems. She sure has had a go of it. Her "scar" sounds like the surgical scar you'll see from appendectomies here. Straight and low between the navel and hipbone. Funny how procedures are different from country to country.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Honeycomb is very sweet and crunchy although, sometimes it can be chewy as well, most of the time it's covered in chocolate. Its' also call cinder toffee.

One of our best known honecomb sweets is Cadbury's Crunchie.

It looks like the pics below

[ATTACH=full]16162[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]16163[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh. I've never heard of it, or seen it. Is it hard to make? It's not a brittle, is it? Is it flaky and crisp or hard and crunchy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I can't seem to find a *quote* button... anyway my reply is to Tink.

O EM GEE! You have never had a crunchie bar in your life?! You are missing heaven on a stick!+ You bite into it and it is hard... but then it melts a little on your tongue and finally goes all chewy! and with the added chocolate on it it is just devine.... If you can go to a store that sells UK stuff or has a UK section... or failing that get someone to take some over for you... you must at least try it. There are recipes for it and they are nice... but the Crunchie bar is theeeeee best!

Post Thanks / Like
    Again a reply to Tink... Natalie's scar is not horizontal. Why we're not sure? It goes up towards her chest, I'm having a brain f*rt what's the word I'm looking for lol.. opposite to.... ah vertical lol... got it! it's vertical and about one inch away from her belly button.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 323061, member: 43
    Oh. I've never heard of it, or seen it. Is it hard to make? It's not a brittle, is it? Is it flaky and crisp or hard and crunchy?
    Yeah me neither...I was thinking Honeycomb cereal..hehehoneycomb.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say it's very crunchy and it melts in your mouth.

It is made from sugar, golden syrup and bicarbonate of soda and when I make it I like to spread it out so that it is quite thick so that it leaves some of it soft and chewy inside, but that is just my preference.

I also like it broken into pieces and coated with chocolate, but that comes as no surprise really, does it

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, sounds ummmm, different. :D I don't think I'd care much for it. Not a fan of chewy, sticky things.

I was thinking the same thing, 'Skip. Couldn't mesh the mental image of honeycomb cereal with the confection.

Thanks for the replies, Esme!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it's chewy, just crispy! You should try it tink if you get the chance!
    We had shepherds pie for tea tonight

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast