Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Ornament Exchange - Time to Sign Up!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well here we are at that time of year where we can officially use the Christmas smilies with festive abandon! So for those of you who have been trying to avoid THAT word, resist no longer!! Itís Christmas!! (Well, nearly).

I am happy to announce that I am now taking names of those who wish to be part of our World Famous Annual Secrets Christmas Ornament Exchange , or the WFASCOE. Catchy, huh? (There may well need to be an apostrophe after Secrets, but I wanted to give Dawn something to scrutinise ;) )

For anyone who may be new to this, it is basically a Secret Santa (Secrets SantaÖgeddit??!! ) for Christmas decorations. When sign-ups are complete, I will secretly send each of you the name and address of another randomly selected participant, and then you send a lovely Christmas Ornament to them. In return you will receive an ornament from someone else on the list. I know that over the years I have received a variety of beautiful decorations from members (we all have marvellous taste here of course!), and it is lovely to see them each year when I decorate the tree.

So, if you would like to sign up for this yearís exchange please PM me, by the 2nd November, with the following information:

*Your Name

*Your Forum Username

*Your Address

*Whether or not you are willing to send overseas

*Whether your Christmas tree has a particular theme that you would like the sender to try to take into account.

*Whether you have been naughty or nice this year. You can always keep that piece of information private between you and our friend Santa but we would love to know ;)

Please note that the guideline budget for ornaments is 15 US Dollars.

The last day for posting your ornaments will be 16th November. This should give enough time for our various international postal systems to get them to us in time for trimming our trees

Below are the official guidelines for the exchange. Please make sure you are aware of them before signing up. Thank you, and letís make it a wonderful exchange in the grand Secrets' tradition!

General Exchange Guidelines

Disney Secrets cannot be held responsible for the non-receipt of any exchange item - you enter into the exchange at your own risk.

Only registered members may join an exchange. Please don't try to sign up your relatives, children, dog, donkey, goat, heelan coo or anything similar as these will be politely declined.

By signing up you agree to your address details being passed to another forum member.

By signing up you agree not to pass any address or other personal details on to anyone, forum member or otherwise.

Each exchange is for a specific item. Please expect only to receive that specific item. Extras in a package are entirely at the sender's discretion and no one should feel obliged to send anything other than what we are currently exchanging.

Please obtain proof of posting where possible.

Please advise on the appropriate thread when you have sent and received your package.

We may need volunteers to act as exchange elves. If, for whatever reason, someone does not receive their item, we will ask an elf to send a replacement for them out of the kindness of their hearts. If you are willing to volunteer for this please notify the exchange coordinator via Private Message.

Please take note of the budget set by the exchange coordinator.

If sending overseas please ship via Air Mail.

Signing up for an exchange and then failing to post to your recipient will result in a 12 month suspension from future exchanges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, not the "C" word, I was hoping to avoid that this year

Me please, I'll send you my details :D

Thank you for arranging this.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    count me in!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in :-)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in :-) first time for me on this board :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Me me me!! I will be in Disney when I have to send the item and I know you can have items shipped home, so can I have an item shipped to someone else?

Post Thanks / Like
    My recipient was happy to wait for their ornament so they could have a disney ornament last year, I'm sure yours would too, would cost a fortune to send from disney :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna and I have both signed up.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in, please. :)
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast