Thread: Exclusive Meet and Greets at Walt Disney World for Fastpass+ Users

Post Thanks / Like
    There is talk going around at the moment that Disney will be offering character meet and greets exclusively for Fastpass+ users.

This will mean that Guests who have a Fastpass+ you will be able to pre-book the time and day they want to meet a certain character. It doesn't sound like it will be the rare characters that are available but Disney are currently deciding who they will be.

As Fastpass+ is only currently available to Guests staying onsite and very soon for Florida Residents and Annual Passholders, this will mean that regular Park Guests will not be able to gain access to these Meet and Greets.

The characters included in the exclusive meet and greets, will be available to regular Guests at the different parks.

What do you think about this, do you think it is the beginning of what appears to be a two tiered system?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's already a two-tiered system I think. Those on the Dining Plan, and those not. Now this is the start of another two-tiered system. I deliberately choose not to stay onsite for many reasons. I feel like I'm being punished in a way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there already is one that's just for FP+ they were talking about it on a podcast. However it's not being advertised particularly, it just pops up as an option on my magic plus and they're testing it to see how popular it is. I can't for the life of me remember where and who it is though.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see the pluses and minuses here.

For the prices Disney charges for staying on-site there should be more benefits for those guests. Adding Florida Residents and Annual Passholders though kind of takes away from that.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's naive NOT to expect there will be tiers? I think we've all come to enjoy thinking of Disney as a gentle moral playful entity but it's a very successful company and of course they're going to encourage people to use more of their facilities by staying on site.

They'll naturally balance the bad feeling from those offsite with the increased revenue from more people staying onsite. If revenue gained > revenue lost, they'll keep doing it.

It's not to say I like the idea, I rather enjoy the feeling that everyone gets the same chance to see characters etc. but Disney has always had VIP tours, they close the park if you pay them enough ;-) if you pay them less, you get an entourage to show you round and first in line on everything! All that this is, is a perk for people who pay a lot of money to stay onsite.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 323347, member: 3
    I think it's naive NOT to expect there will be tiers? I think we've all come to enjoy thinking of Disney as a gentle moral playful entity but it's a very successful company and of course they're going to encourage people to use more of their facilities by staying on site.

They'll naturally balance the bad feeling from those offsite with the increased revenue from more people staying onsite. If revenue gained > revenue lost, they'll keep doing it.

It's not to say I like the idea, I rather enjoy the feeling that everyone gets the same chance to see characters etc. but Disney has always had VIP tours, they close the park if you pay them enough ;-) if you pay them less, you get an entourage to show you round and first in line on everything! All that this is, is a perk for people who pay a lot of money to stay onsite.

Too true.

I will say that AP holders and FL residents kept the place afloat right after 9-11 and they seem to have forgotten that.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 323395, member: 92
    I will say that AP holders and FL residents kept the place afloat right after 9-11 and they seem to have forgotten that.
    sigh completely agree with that. I remember we went in Oct and dec 2001, everywhere was SO empty and they were glad to have us there. Things have certainly changed now that the guest numbers are up
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com