Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone watched this yet?

The husband really wanted to see this so we went late this afternoon. I knew it was going to be intense but my goodness!!! It was just too much for me :-( I was practically hysterical with that awful overwhelming crying thing at the end. I didn't realize it would have this effect on me. I stay away from war type movies because of that very reaction (it was not a pretty sight when we went to see Saving Private Ryan and Pearl Harbor).

Other than that bad reaction on my part, it was really good. Tom Hanks is such an incredible actor. I love him.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    we were going to see this tonight but changed our minds ...... maybe they need changing back

Post Thanks / Like
    Really excellent movie hanks does such a good job
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    When I saw the title all I thought of was Princess Anne's ex husband

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 323414, member: 3
    Really excellent movie hanks does such a good job

Please tell me you cried

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 323441, member: 92
    Please tell me you cried
    I was very well aware of the story having tracked it in "real time" when it happened so I kinda knew what to expect. It was certainly a very emotionally charged movie and there was quite a bit of crying in the movie theatre. I truly think Tom Hanks deserves an award
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 323462, member: 3
    I was very well aware of the story having tracked it in "real time" when it happened so I kinda knew what to expect. It was certainly a very emotionally charged movie and there was quite a bit of crying in the movie theatre. I truly think Tom Hanks deserves an award
    Indeed he does

Post Thanks / Like
    We saw it during a preview night a few weeks back. It packs a punch to be sure. The Maersk ship has Norfolk as its homeport (right across the river from us) and SEAL team 6 is based here in Norfolk. The pirate was tried in the city as well. So there was a great deal of interest here. We thought it was really a good movie. It is very intense to be sure.

Tom Hanks was all over the place during the filming and people said he was just so approachable and nice. He kind of reminds me of a modern day Jimmy Stewart. That is good company let me tell you.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'd like to see it but at home now i know it's emotional, they take so much out of me! Lisa made me ;) go and see remember me with Robert Pattinson I knew that it was going to be a weepy but I wasn't expecting what happened to happen. Lisa of course was prepared. I sobbed, not a good look!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 323648, member: 39
    i'd like to see it but at home now i know it's emotional, they take so much out of me! Lisa made me ;) go and see remember me with Robert Pattinson I knew that it was going to be a weepy but I wasn't expecting what happened to happen. Lisa of course was prepared. I sobbed, not a good look!!
    Now, I admit I am a cryer. Sappy movies, people who overcome obstacles movies, feel good movies. I just cry at everything.

However, this movie, was heavy. Don't go see it Julie. Not right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast