Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FP+ tiering? - Updated with new Information

Post Thanks / Like
    Just reading on Facebook from a friend going to WDW soon that's sorting his FP+ out.
    He's saying FP+ appears to be becoming a tiered system. It essentially means you'll only get one 'E ticket' attraction per day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard talk about it, but I haven't seen much to be honest. Knowing how Disney seems to be operating lately, it wouldn't surprise me

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found out some more information with regard to FASTPASS+ tiered system.

Basically from now until the end of December Disney if offering a tiered system on a trial basis at Epcot.

Guests will be able to choose a FASTPASS+ for one attraction from the very popular rides or attractions and two FASTPASS+ from the others.

The First Selection, where you can only choose 1, includes:
    • Character Spot
    • IllumiNations
    • Maelstrom
    • Soarin’
    • Test Track

The Second Selectio, where you can choose 2, includes:
    • Captain EO
    • Journey into Imagination
    • Living with the Land
    • Mission: SPACE
    • Seas with Nemo and Friends
    • Spaceship Earth
    • Turtle Talk with Crush

It seems as though Disney is looking for a way that Guests can have more than one FASTPASS+ at a time, but using a system that stops Guests from only choosing the headline rides or attractions.

It will be interesting to see if Disney adds this trial to any of the other parks over the coming weeks.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thoroughly unimpressed. Even in the height of the summer when we go you don't need a FP for those second selections. Not impressed you can't get one for TT and Soarin on the same day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. I am honestly speechless.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have many opinions about the whole Fastpass+ system but I'm keeping them semi quiet until all of the kinks get worked out.

As for this tiering system, I'm not surprised they have started this. It gives new visitors fastpasses so they think they are getting a perk. Regulars know it is not a perk. The Fastpass+ testing is quitchy right now. People were able to double dip until a week or so ago and NO fastpasses were available almost immediately after park opening.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    When we were there the last couple of weeks ago we went to Epcot and at about 9.30am all the fast passes had gone for both test track and soarin.
    On the other hand it's looking like you will be able to have a fastpass+ for most the attractions in the parks as there were quite a few fastpass+ line entrances without the fast pass distribution.
    I suppose that disney are trying to get people to keep returning to their parks throughout their vacation to make use of the perks from the fastpass+

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 324003, member: 46

The Second Selection, where you can choose 2, includes:
    Journey into Imagination

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Happening at DHS now too :-(

Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the Orlando area will be testing a “grouping” strategy where fastpass+ experiences will be selected from two groups.Guests can make selections from two groups of attractions.The groups are currently setup as follows:

Group 1 (Only one selection can be made)

Toy Story ManiaRock ‘n’ RollerCoasterFantasmic!Beauty and the Beast

Group 2 (Two selections can be made)

Great Movie RideTower of TerrorStar ToursIndiana JonesLights, Motors, Action!MuppetVision 3DDisney Jr Live on Stage

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 324017, member: 92
    I have many opinions about the whole Fastpass+ system but I'm keeping them semi quiet until all of the kinks get worked out.
    Absolutely. As with any new system, there are going to be a whole host of issues when it's first released to the masses. Give them time and see what the finished version looks like. I understand the man in charge has been given a deadline for a "successful launch" - I guess that implies that it hasn't had one yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast