Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone crochet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just been given some absolutely beautiful yarn by a co-worker. She knows I crochet and am going to start making prayer shawls for my "clients." It's a lovely celery color and it's silk. So very soft and lush.

If you do crochet or knit, where do you get your yarn? I am branching out into wanting more than the standard acrylic yarn (although that is generally a good serviceable yarn).

Maybe because I live in Florida, I am seeking the silks, and very fine cottons, or other natural fibers/blends. The items made aren't so very heavy then, and not so itchy and warm.

Of course, I would alter my choice of yarn, depending upon what I was making and where the item was going to end up living.

I know our Dawn knits, but how about the rest of us here?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't knit, but I just wanted to say that your work is beautiful and your clients will love them.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just getting the hang of knitting more than just squares. I find it very cathartic. My mum crochets - it makes her say bad words.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife does both crochet and knitting. A lot. No. More than that even.

She gets most of her stuff online at Knit Picks.

I know this because she always asks me for a gift card for the place at Christmas. I always accommodate her.

Tom ( ... surrounded by balls of yarn!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't crochet for the life of me and! I know how to knit but I have issues with tension, no happy medium, too tight or too loose!

Post Thanks / Like
    my aunt does crochet. i have bought some fabulous yarn for her from Jo-Ann Fabrics. they have a wide variety, especially online

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes, I remember that your Aunt does. I still have the lovely set she made. I've been to Joann's. I got very lucky a couple of years ago and bought much yarn at a going out of business sale. Then in a fit of misplaced generosity, I gave nearly all of it to a group that crochets for charity. Well, it was a good idea at the time.

Now, I have to rebuild my stock.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    My mum is a fabulous knitter, she can knit pretty much anything and can turn her hand to crocheting as well.

Me, I can knit wibbly wobbly scarves and blankets. I have in the past crocheted blankets amd even managed to crochet some flowers a while back which I sewed onto a headband for Nancy. She liked it so much that she put it on then took it straight off and never wore it again! Hmmm.

I just remembered I did somehow manage to knit a pair of baby bootees when I was pregnant. I have no idea how I managed to read the pattern!

I have a cousin who lives in California now, she knits and crochets so much I'm pretty sure she even does it in her sleep!

Post Thanks / Like
    P.S Tink. that lovely baby pink hat you knitted for Sharon...Mum wears it now and loves it

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to say, my Grandma who just turned 99 still knits for the special care baby unit locally. She really is amazing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast