Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone crochet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just been given some absolutely beautiful yarn by a co-worker. She knows I crochet and am going to start making prayer shawls for my "clients." It's a lovely celery color and it's silk. So very soft and lush.

If you do crochet or knit, where do you get your yarn? I am branching out into wanting more than the standard acrylic yarn (although that is generally a good serviceable yarn).

Maybe because I live in Florida, I am seeking the silks, and very fine cottons, or other natural fibers/blends. The items made aren't so very heavy then, and not so itchy and warm.

Of course, I would alter my choice of yarn, depending upon what I was making and where the item was going to end up living.

I know our Dawn knits, but how about the rest of us here?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't knit, but I just wanted to say that your work is beautiful and your clients will love them.

For Esme

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just getting the hang of knitting more than just squares. I find it very cathartic. My mum crochets - it makes her say bad words.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife does both crochet and knitting. A lot. No. More than that even.

She gets most of her stuff online at Knit Picks.

I know this because she always asks me for a gift card for the place at Christmas. I always accommodate her.

Tom ( ... surrounded by balls of yarn!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't crochet for the life of me and! I know how to knit but I have issues with tension, no happy medium, too tight or too loose!

Post Thanks / Like
    my aunt does crochet. i have bought some fabulous yarn for her from Jo-Ann Fabrics. they have a wide variety, especially online

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes, I remember that your Aunt does. I still have the lovely set she made. I've been to Joann's. I got very lucky a couple of years ago and bought much yarn at a going out of business sale. Then in a fit of misplaced generosity, I gave nearly all of it to a group that crochets for charity. Well, it was a good idea at the time.

Now, I have to rebuild my stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    My mum is a fabulous knitter, she can knit pretty much anything and can turn her hand to crocheting as well.

Me, I can knit wibbly wobbly scarves and blankets. I have in the past crocheted blankets amd even managed to crochet some flowers a while back which I sewed onto a headband for Nancy. She liked it so much that she put it on then took it straight off and never wore it again! Hmmm.

I just remembered I did somehow manage to knit a pair of baby bootees when I was pregnant. I have no idea how I managed to read the pattern!

I have a cousin who lives in California now, she knits and crochets so much I'm pretty sure she even does it in her sleep!

Post Thanks / Like
    P.S Tink. that lovely baby pink hat you knitted for Sharon...Mum wears it now and loves it

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to say, my Grandma who just turned 99 still knits for the special care baby unit locally. She really is amazing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast