Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best time of year to go to Disney World?

Post Thanks / Like
    back again and planning mode

Last time we went in Summer and it was madness, huge queues, this time we'd like to go sometime much quieter? Would December be a good time?

Post Thanks / Like
    the first 2 weeks of December is my favourite time to go, it's usually pretty quiet during the week - we found it a bit busier at weekends especially around the festive things like the christmas lights in Hollywood Studios. The weather is much better for me to be able to enjoy the parks for longer, i can't take too much walking around in the heat. Last year it was very pleasant, tshirt and shorts in the day and sweater at night during fireworks etc. We had a couple of cloudy days when the temperature did drop and it isn't the warmest time for swimming but i guess that's a personal thing. This is traditionally one of the cheapest times to go too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll second Britchick's advice. However, it has almost gotten to the point where there is no quiet time any longer.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime from October through the first two weeks in December (with the exception of Thanksgiving week) is my personal favorite time to go. The humidity has lessened, and there are all the special events (depending upon the time you choose).

There are slow times, they are just not as predictable as they once were. You kind of have to "get lucky" any more.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually go mid September and the price seems to be reasonable and the weather is quite nice too. Not too hot or cold.

Not done December yet but would love to do this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I LOVE the Halloween time to go.... the decs are just gorgeous. I've done Christmas and glad I've done it but will not do it again, the queues for everything took the joy out of it, it was madness, even shopping malls were full to bursting and the parking was horrendous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Late September/early October is the time we like to go, although I am tempted to go at the end of October early November to include the Halloween and December parties and decorations.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 324696, member: 46
    Late September/early October is the time we like to go, although I am tempted to go at the end of October early November to include the Halloween and December parties and decorations.
    This is what I'm thinking for our next visit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to visit during October.

I've been during mid-Dec and it was crazy. Also been during the summer…again crazy. Also been during May, the early part, and it was nice. Starting to get warm though.

Post Thanks / Like
    My most recent trip was in October and I loved it. Not nearly as hot as my July trip and not as cool as my usual Jan/Feb slot.

I didn't visit WDW (the trip was mainly villa-hunting) but I did take an evening out to see Halloween Horror Nights at Universal - boy, was that awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast