Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cruises Disney or otherwise...

Post Thanks / Like
    Traveleeze pastilles are good for sea sickness

Post Thanks / Like
    The wife of one of my friends is claustrophobic, so can't fly. They'd love to visit Orlando with their grandkids, so they're looking at a transatlantic cruise. Trouble, is, it adds so much to the trip time, they might be away from home for anything up to six weeks!

I've not been on a cruise yet, but I've hear Royal Caribbean come highly recommended, along with Disney, of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony G, post: 324870, member: 1391
    The wife of one of my friends is claustrophobic, so can't fly. They'd love to visit Orlando with their grandkids, so they're looking at a transatlantic cruise. Trouble, is, it adds so much to the trip time, they might be away from home for anything up to six weeks!
    it would be quite some drive from New York! somewhere around 18 hours driving, I would plan stops on the way though to see things that you wouldn't normally see. This is the kind of thing we plan to do when retired, when time is not a problem :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 324812, member: 39
    Cunard isn't actually as expensive as you would think, after paying disney prices they seem positively good value if you book early or get a deal. We priced up a Northern Europe booking last summer for this summer and it was 2500 for both of us for a week in a balcony room, I forget all their terminology! Certainly cheaper than flights to a nice resort in Europe.
    See that's horrendous to me... we paid 1,300 each (two to a room) for a two week Med cruise with balcony.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 324893, member: 2007
    See that's horrendous to me... we paid 1,300 each (two to a room) for a two week Med cruise with balcony.
    was that in August?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get me wrong... I'm glad I've experienced it but if I was to do it again I would go the Caribbean route. Trouble is with big ships you land at ports that are far from the sightseeing places and people don't realise that you then have to pay extra to get there. Sometimes by train or expensive excursions.

It is quite alright to go on a cruise ship and never step off it, the experience is that wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 324895, member: 39
    was that in August?
    September the week after all the kids went back to school :D We were told that the previous week they had 1,200 kids on board... the week we went we had 200.

We went through Iglu not RC.

Post Thanks / Like
    there you go lol, my holidays are fixed at the moment so only time i could go was August. I booked my princess cruise through Iglu, they made a few errors and misadvised me so i won't be going through them again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 324898, member: 39
    there you go lol, my holidays are fixed at the moment so only time i could go was August. I booked my princess cruise through Iglu, they made a few errors and misadvised me so i won't be going through them again.
    Me neither! Ha! they made errors on mine too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 324896, member: 2007
    It is quite alright to go on a cruise ship and never step off it, the experience is that wonderful.
    Effectively that's what we did on our last Disney cruise on the Fantasy this past September. We'd been to all the ports before so, with the exception of St. Maarten where I did the 12 Metre Challenge port adventure, we stayed on the ship pretty much the whole seven days.

And it was wonderful!
    No rushing madly about trying to get off the ship. No wandering aimlessly around trying to figure out exactly what did we want to see. Instead, a relatively quiet ship, a comfortable deck chair on deck 4, a good book or six, warm caribbean breezes, and all the food and drink we could handle. I know what we'll be doing the next time we go.

Tom ( ... glutton for pleasure!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast